OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprised he didnt choose the crease down the side/stalk of the leather like my Midas did when they were together. Or maybe he has and you just haven't noticed yet :)
He goes completely down between the stalks in the gap ur mentioning I believe. It's like a cavern in there. Completely disappears into it. Hilarious to watch.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He goes completely down between the stalks in the gap ur mentioning I believe. It's like a cavern in there. Completely disappears into it. Hilarious to watch.
Thats awesome, took me forever to find my Midas when he called the spot home. Must be a palatial little penthouse in there!

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats awesome, took me forever to find my Midas when he called the spot home. Must be a palatial little penthouse in there!
Just hope the leather gets used to it without releasing toxins out of anger. Might change the carbon tomorrow now that I think about it for that reason alone.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20200202_165828.jpg

@Scurvy ;Wacky
This is awesome!

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome!
Was surprised to say the least. And funny to hear it was home to other fish in corey's time with it as well.The toadstool feels violated though. Suck it up buttercup ;)

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to pause a movie and hop up off the couch cuz the tank suddenly became cloudy and I feared the worst, as usual..
20200202_200511.jpg

Checked the fuge expectinf the rockwork collapsed and threw up a bunch of debris... nothing... And then I remembered my new additions... and low and behold... excavation under the torches has begun. Dragon goby 101.
20200202_200526.jpg

Guess I gotta acclimate myself to keeping a burrowing sandsifter again :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for months, the red fire fish has stuck to it's original home it made, which is under the torch rock... the same one the dragon goby has dug out, but from the opposite side.

It appears as though the dwelling created by the fire fish has been breached from the underside.. it's out and about searching for a new spot since the sand storm began... I expected new additions to cause a little reorganization to the social ladder in the tank, but didnt ever think the fire fish would be a victim of it. It was a rescue from a local reefer, along with its companion, a purple helfrichi which never made it... and it's been solitary since and the smallest of the group by far.. I feel bad for it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Crabby48 just saw the squam anthias and clown tang have a tustle in the middle of the tank over nothing. No food, or hiding place involved. Happened about 4 inches from the water line above the arch...

Which one do u think was still swimming around unabated after it was over?

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say the clown tang.
Hoping they work it out before things get ugly. This hobby doesn’t come easy
Anthias chased it into the rocks after about 10 seconds... shes a beast. LoL. Besides some posturing and such that was the only real physical aggression I've seen so far.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought Clown T for sure. Wowie.
I was thinking Anthias its already tasted blood a proven killer.
Yea, she meticulously picked off her 3 anthias mates in QT 1 night after another till she was the last one... the clowns, tangs, foxface, none of them even make her flinch. Shes goes where she pleases, first to the food etc, boss queen b for sure.

Clown tang needs to grow then the anthias may think differently.

If anthias keeps it up would it help to remove and put in the qt tank for awhile
She never goes after anyone, but takes 0 lip from anyone either. I didnt see how the fight started, but I highly doubt it was the anthias. The clown tang is prolly just testing the water, and messed with the wrong ginger today! Might name her @Katrina71 !! ;)

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, she meticulously picked off her 3 anthias mates in QT 1 night after another till she was the last one... the clowns, tangs, foxface, none of them even make her flinch. Shes goes where she pleases, first to the food etc, boss queen b for sure.

She never goes after anyone, but takes 0 lip from anyone either. I didnt see how the fight started, but I highly doubt it was the anthias. The clown tang is prolly just testing the water, and messed with the wrong ginger today! Might name her @Katrina71 !! ;)
Over the weekend the clown tang and her was chasing around one of the rocks. I think the clown instigator but not sure. They both seemed to enjoy chasing around the rock

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over the weekend the clown tang and her was chasing around one of the rocks. I think the clown instigator but not sure. They both seemed to enjoy chasing around the rock
Theres so much more life in the tank now... but man I am having a hard time getting used to the water column being dusty from the goby. But I knew what I was getting into when I got it. I'll suck it up ;)

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home, and the striped blenny didnt come out to eat... cant see him in his home in the toadstool...

And this is what the green monster looks like..
20200204_165530.jpg

@Scurvy should I be concerned he is trapped inside? And if so.. how do I go about prying the leather open to release the poor guy? No bodies anywhere around the tank... smh..

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something surely ticked off the leather.... not sure Ive ever seen it closed up like a fist. Looks like the gap is still open on the stalk where it might be hiding. You could try prying open the hole a little more with anything. Butter knives, probes or whatever.

may also just be timing. You walked in at a bad moment. Domt think a leather would/could kill a fish.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back