OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been nervous at work all day not knowing what's going on with the tank. Not too concerned with the 4 part... it's the kalk in the ATO that's got my attention. 3 hours to go before I can check on things and test the pH for spikes... started biting my knuckles now that my fingernails are gone.

Getting some weird looks from the guys on my build team. :oops:

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been nervous at work all day not knowing what's going on with the tank. Not too concerned with the 4 part... it's the kalk in the ATO that's got my attention. 3 hours to go before I can check on things and test the pH for spikes... started biting my knuckles now that my fingernails are gone.

Getting some weird looks from the guys on my build team. :oops:
Nothing to worry about Rich. You started with a very low concentration. It would take all 15g to probably have any serious affects to 125g tank.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing to worry about Rich. You started with a very low concentration. It would take all 15g to probably have any serious affects to 125g tank.
I'm worse than my mother worrying for nothing. Everything looks great, even the aiptasia have great P.E.!!!

Never before have I hit 8.4 pH, until today. Sweet sweet purple rain on the API test.

Score. Thanks everyone for enabling me to just do it. Will wait till tomorrow night to check my dkh and see if theres been any change.

Wheeeewww.. ;Facepalm

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Touch my vodka and your man plums will be served to you skewered and bbq d on a lightly olive oil dressed green salad, jus sayin! ;)
Love it when you talk dirty to me daddy!

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm worse than my mother worrying for nothing. Everything looks great, even the aiptasia have great P.E.!!!

Never before have I hit 8.4 pH, until today. Sweet sweet purple rain on the API test.

Score. Thanks everyone for enabling me to just do it. Will wait till tomorrow night to check my dkh and see if theres been any change.

Wheeeewww.. ;Facepalm
Lol
Glad to see everything is going fine.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long weekend already. Had a nice road trip with @Crabby48 and @Raege today... headed out to see @Fudsey @Scurvy and raise some h e double hockey sticks.

Never disappointed when I get to spend time with some great friends and shoot the salt around and catching up. Thanks for having us guys, hope we can do another BBQ meet this summer at some point.

Don is sleeping over again and heading home to New Jersey in the a.m. after some much needed recovery and rest. Heres some pics from the day..
20200201_160135.jpg
20200201_161824.jpg
20200201_113133.jpg

Zzzzzz...

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost forgot... the new Blenny, Clown Tang, and Dragon Goby are in the DT and no serious issues or stress at all thus far. Hopefully it stays that way... gnite. I'm beat feet skeet. ;Yawn

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dkh is at 9.8 ;Meh

I dumped 4gallons into the remaining 11 gallons in the ATO res to dilute the kalk concentration..

Don suggested a quick remedy to cut the dosing out for a bit, and I went with it. 5gal bucket of plain rodi and moved the ATO pump to the bucket. Havent decided if I'm just gonna leave it and wait for the levels to drop or do a water change to help get back down near 9... deflated a bit consider how low I went on the mix ratio for the kalk.

Obviously underestimated my daily topoff from the ATO. And I know it's going to take time to get the mix right, and I know Keith is about to find his red wig and tell me "i told ya so"... but I'm already thinking I might want to set up a drip method.

Bleh.

Last edited:

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dkh is at 9.8 ;Meh

I dumped 4gallons into the remaining 11 gallons in the ATO res to dilute the kalk concentration..

Don suggested a quick remedy to cut the dosing out for a bit, and I went with it. 5gal bucket of plain rodi and moved the ATO pump to the bucket. Havent decided if I'm just gonna leave it and wait for the levels to drop or do a water change to help get back down near 9... deflated a bit consider how low I went on the mix ratio for the kalk.

Obviously underestimated my daily topoff from the ATO. And I know it's going to take time to get the mix right, and I know Keith is about to find his red wig and tell me "i told ya so"... but I'm already thinking I might want to set up a drop method.

Bleh.

I actually do pay attention to this crap, where is you calcium?
Adding calcium should help draw your kh down a bit!

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually do pay attention to this crap, where is you calcium?
Adding calcium should help draw your kh down a bit!
It crept up since Wednesday from 8.9. .25 dkh a day. Havent tested Ca yet but Corey (@Scurvy) had a similar thought. Will update more later. Instead I started making out with what's left of some Jameson that we somehow didnt finish Friday night. Tired and lazy feeling.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blenny has found its home, and the Green Monster is not impressed. Made it close up and reopen about 5 times today alone. But man is it cool that out of my entire 6ft scape he chose here to take naps...
20200202_165828.jpg

@Scurvy ;Wacky

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ca tested at 410ish. So I guess I could dose a little Ca as well to help bring the dKh down, but I really dont wanna dose anything or do water changes because it would effect the results of my ICP test study I am employing.

Think I'm just gonna let it come down naturally and once I get back to 9dkh I'll start the kalk back up and try again with a lower ratio. Meh. Strike 1.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blenny has found its home, and the Green Monster is not impressed. Made it close up and reopen about 5 times today alone. But man is it cool that out of my entire 6ft scape he chose here to take naps...
20200202_165828.jpg

@Scurvy ;Wacky
Surprised he didnt choose the crease down the side/stalk of the leather like my Midas did when they were together. Or maybe he has and you just haven't noticed yet :)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 79.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.1%
Back