OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good brother. The frag you brought me is still alive which is pretty good for my tank ;Woot
I could send a bigger one, but i know you would want to grow it out urself. ;)

Wow the growth exploded in your tank! Can’t even pick a favorite out of the pictures.

Thanks don. I really feel so much more confident in the next build after seeing the reef start rolling everywhere on this one before i shut it down.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to moved Dendro’s off sand bed and left them on a ledge with strong flow next to sps. Haven’t seen them more happy. Best guest is tangs aren’t bumping them or inverts crawling on them.
What I do know is the higher light intensity is not why they are happy.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to moved Dendro’s off sand bed and left them on a ledge with strong flow next to sps. Haven’t seen them more happy. Best guest is tangs aren’t bumping them or inverts crawling on them.
What I do know is the higher light intensity is not why they are happy.
Just glad they are doin well. I know ur attentiveness to the details on ur reef. Ill need a frag when i settle out west. ;)

Brian u should really take one. But i know its a pain keeping them happy.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could send a bigger one, but i know you would want to grow it out urself. ;)

Thanks don. I really feel so much more confident in the next build after seeing the reef start rolling everywhere on this one before i shut it down.
Always best to leave something on a good note. In your case it was a great one. Yes it’s hurts when tank is doing great then pulling the plug but would hurt more if it was doing poorly then having to walk away.

Confidence and excitement to move on

Just glad they are doin well. I know ur attentiveness to the details on ur reef. Ill need a frag when i settle out west. ;)

Brian u should really take one. But i know its a pain keeping them happy.
Ha. I don’t worry about them. Very much like anemone. I’ll feed them every two or so weeks but they catch food. When you do feed they multiply nicely.

Now I’m slowly getting the tank back together I’ll find a good home and pump food to them and get a nice colony going. Can’t wait! I may be good at them Like BTA’s and Aip!!!

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always best to leave something on a good note. In your case it was a great one. Yes it’s hurts when tank is doing great then pulling the plug but would hurt more if it was doing poorly then having to walk away.

Confidence and excitement to move on

Ha. I don’t worry about them. Very much like anemone. I’ll feed them every two or so weeks but they catch food. When you do feed they multiply nicely.

Now I’m slowly getting the tank back together I’ll find a good home and pump food to them and get a nice colony going. Can’t wait! I may be good at them Like BTA’s and Aip!!!
Ull see it in person when u come escape the noise my friend.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FB_IMG_1600726499659.jpg

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats left... top downs.

Left side
20200922_182037.jpg

You can see what was left of the base of the Purple-tipped plating acro i had top right of the stylo. White tips flying across the rock and 3 branches growing up at about 1/4" thick and 1/2" tall. Amazing how life hangs on and rebuilds on a reef. Even in the middle of swings galore. I have the cyano to prove it. ;) Doser and kalk have been offline for a week. At the last phase before selling the coral i was up to dosing 2tbsp of kalk diluted into 15g of rodi via my Ato. That was at a rate of approximately about 10% per day based on my evap. And i was doing 1 daily doss of red sea 4 colors trace program @ 2mL per day. Nothing crazy.

Right side:
20200922_182138.jpg

The rbta is enormous lately.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent tested for a month or two it seems.

And cyano has begun its march, feeding on something? Mystery fuel? Surplus bio buildup? Lack of flow? Die off due to a swing? Lighting? What is it thats feeding it? Did the removal of coral cause something? Refugium chaeto iron related? Bta, Sps, nps, gorgs, leathers, softies, all happy and growing. Hmmm?
20200925_152734.jpg
20200925_152744.jpg
20200925_152807.jpg

Lets play a game.

48hr timer on guesses?
#imbored
#namethatswing
#fun

Ill test sunday night before i go back to work with the first round of results. Any takers?

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always have cyano in the tanks, it gives me a feeling of security as I don't test, my guess is that your nutrients are slightly elevated or available due to corals not using them.
Maybe i should increase the time limit to 48 days. :D

Spam for guesses.
20200926_133545.jpg
20200926_130735.jpg

Sponge
20200926_131620.jpg

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excess nutrients. Moving and distributing causes cyano in my tank. I cut a lot of red from my light when I went to WWC light spectrum and since red algae and cyano has been gone. I also bottomed out No3 at the same time so not sure what helped. Still have cyano grown on chaeto where excess food rots. It goes away if I always flip chaeto all the time.

That clown tang makea me weak. Love him/her.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excess nutrients. Moving and distributing causes cyano in my tank. I cut a lot of red from my light when I went to WWC light spectrum and since red algae and cyano has been gone. I also bottomed out No3 at the same time so not sure what helped. Still have cyano grown on chaeto where excess food rots. It goes away if I always flip chaeto all the time.

That clown tang makea me weak. Love him/her.
The CT is gorgeous, but a total filter when that clip goes in. Besides that its calm. So i guess i just landed a maniac algae cobtrol freak clown tang? Heh.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The CT is gorgeous, but a total filter when that clip goes in. Besides that its calm. So i guess i just landed a maniac algae cobtrol freak clown tang? Heh.
Love how it is with nori. Wonder if that could be a problem down the road. If I had a huge tank I would take her/him and use two nori clips to mess with her/him.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love how it is with nori. Wonder if that could be a problem down the road. If I had a huge tank I would take her/him and use two nori clips to mess with her/him.
If i drop 2 they all congregate on one. Fish psychology is anarchy at best.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suck at keeping secrets.

The colorado build has been decided.
20200917_200400.jpg
20200918_155211.jpg

2 weeks ago i think it was i drove 2 hrs to Plymouth on the ocean south of Boston to snag it.

24x24x20
50g sca
Starfire glass
Maybe ill start a new BT soon. We'll see...

56hr mandatory is coming next week. I need to build the scape and start the 6 month cycle. I have decided sps dominant is the next run im gonna make...

Yeeehawww.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back