Rainbow anemone pricing in your area

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine is in the coral trade. He recently got a bulk supply of rainbow nems and where I live in Hong Kong, it’s only $65 US for one. He said they’re going for $500 US abroad. Have you seen them? How much? And where do you live?

I don’t really want one but I have the space and capability. Not one to pass up a deal.

E90EA999-0C4A-4EA0-9323-95AE7171E6D3.jpeg

CB367B51-2AF4-43BD-985C-9E45AA79AFC0.jpeg

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But why buy what we dont even know how to take care of??

W.Lane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, ScottR
I'm from Texas and that is what I found surfing the web.
One at UniqueCorals was 419.00

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure that I understand the intent of your post. You can get one for cheap but you're not getting one? You're just curious to know how much they cost here in the US? A quick search will answer that for you. I would expect them to be cheaper in Hong Kong based on where they are supposedly coming from.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of seeing threads about these anemones. There's too much speculation about them and vendors are not being transparent about where they were collected. We don't even know if these will live for an extended amount of time in warm water.

More often than not, threads are started as a veiled marketing approach by vendors. I'm not saying that this one is, but without understanding the reason for your post, it raises speculation.

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure that I understand the intent of your post. You can get one for cheap but you're not getting one? You're just curious to know how much they cost here in the US? A quick search will answer that for you. I would expect them to be cheaper in Hong Kong based on where they are supposedly coming from.

Frankly, I'm getting tired of seeing threads about these anemones. There's too much speculation about them and vendors are not being transparent about where they were collected. We don't even know if these will live for an extended amount of time in warm water.

More often than not, threads are started as a veiled marketing approach by vendors. I'm not saying that this one is, but without understanding the reason for your post, it raises speculation.
I actually know little about them and I’m originally from the US but now live in a place where I don’t get to speak English too much. I’m just learning about these and wondering if the speculation is true. I could look online for prices but I don’t have access to LFS in the US. A LFS vs an expensive website with designer corals isn’t a good starting point to learn more.

Will I get one? Not now.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back