Rainbow BTA

Newbie1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased one BTA almost a year ago. It has split several times. One of them has been in the same spot for almost that year. I didn’t change the flow nor the light schedule or mess with the settings. Now I have two of my 5 BTAS moving around like all the time.

my question is WHY are they moving around a lot? I know they move around to find the right spot, but the one I thought was good. My parameters were good. I didn’t add any fish. I have added some other corals etc but none of them were touching my BTA.

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes they do this. It's one of the great mysteries for why some nems stay put and some move. Lots of theories out there, but no one knows for certain which parameters or combination of parameters seem to dictate their moves. I know of people that have had BTAs in the same spot for 8 years decide to move all at once. It's why it's so important to keep your powerheads protected as any day can be the day they decide to take a vacation.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back