Rainbow BTA

  • Thread starter Thread starter Newbie1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Newbie1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2018
Messages
153
Reaction score
39
Location
Kansas City
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased one BTA almost a year ago. It has split several times. One of them has been in the same spot for almost that year. I didn’t change the flow nor the light schedule or mess with the settings. Now I have two of my 5 BTAS moving around like all the time.

my question is WHY are they moving around a lot? I know they move around to find the right spot, but the one I thought was good. My parameters were good. I didn’t add any fish. I have added some other corals etc but none of them were touching my BTA.
 
Sometimes they do this. It's one of the great mysteries for why some nems stay put and some move. Lots of theories out there, but no one knows for certain which parameters or combination of parameters seem to dictate their moves. I know of people that have had BTAs in the same spot for 8 years decide to move all at once. It's why it's so important to keep your powerheads protected as any day can be the day they decide to take a vacation.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new