Rainbow carpet anemone

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the rainbow carpet anemone that my LFS has in stock. I’m 99% sure it’s a Haddoni but since there was one rainbow gigantea I want to see it in person to confirm the species.

A3CA9ECF-5E7F-4723-B161-FD1B1AD4D304.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OK, I said NO carpet but this I would take. Man o' Man

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Check out the rainbow carpet anemone that my LFS has in stock. I’m 99% sure it’s a Haddoni but since there was one rainbow gigantea I want to see it in person to confirm the species.

A3CA9ECF-5E7F-4723-B161-FD1B1AD4D304.jpeg
Its' Haddoni. Do you know what they wanted for it? ($)

OP
OP
D-Nak

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's at Aquatic Collection in Hayward, CA. At this point, it's safe to say that they're one of the premiere anemone dealers in the country. I get all of my anemones from them.

I'm heading over tomorrow to take a look and hopefully snap more photos. It's currently in treatment, and if it makes it, it's sold. The price was undisclosed.

TonysReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's at Aquatic Collection in Hayward, CA. At this point, it's safe to say that they're one of the premiere anemone dealers in the country. I get all of my anemones from them.

I'm heading over tomorrow to take a look and hopefully snap more photos. It's currently in treatment, and if it makes it, it's sold. The price was undisclosed.

Are you the buyer? I did some successful sleuthing when you first posted and gave them a call. So I'm second on the list if the original buyer backs out, but it's really quite pricey.

Either way, please take some more pics.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tomorrow is here. Keep us uptate with a few more pictures.
My Red Haddoni show multi-color at times, when he is NOT doing great.

TonysReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow is here. Keep us uptate with a few more pictures.

lol, it's 6am in California. Although I share your impatience

My Red Haddoni show multi-color at times, when he is NOT doing great.

And curious to hear more about it and why you think this, I feel like if multicolor were a symptom of poor health then we would see them a whole lot more often.

OP
OP
D-Nak

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can confirm that the anemone is a haddoni (no colored verrucae and the tentacle length and shape is indicative of haddoni). Look at the multicolored tentacles!

m5uxPzFh.jpg

The mouth was a bit open and it was expelling dead zooxanthellae, but I think it'll recover so long as treatment continues. It was fully inflated and I could see moving tentacles.

LE8GdYeh.jpg

Sorry for the bad photos. The tank was turned sideways on a shelf and the pump and heater were in the front so access was difficult.

Once fully acclimated, it's definitely going to be a centerpiece anemone. The color was stunning, especially for one undergoing treatment. It was under a light with only white and a few blue LEDs, so once under a better light, it should brighten up even more. I expect it to be over 24" when it's in its new home. Speaking of which, I was told it was sold to a local buyer, which is ideal for the anemone because it doesn't need to be shipped.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back