Rainbow carpet anemone

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see what this looks like under standard white lights.

Unrelated, but are you guys running your tanks this blue? I feel I have been seeing more and more pictures that are completely saturated in blue.

OP
OP
D-Nak

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most recent photos I took were with an iPhone Xs under what is basically a white LED.

I think a lot more people are running their tanks with lots of blue, but I also think more people are taking photos with their cell phones which are terrible when blue light is present. It makes it look more blue than it really is.

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whatever happened with this nem? Did a member here buy it?

OP
OP
D-Nak

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, as OrionN mentioned, it didn't make it through the QT process. I applaud my LFS for not selling someone a sick anemone. They could've easily sold it as there were many people interested.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did not make it out of the store
Unfortunately, I didn't make it through the QT process. I applaud my LFS for not selling someone a sick anemone. They could've easily sold it as there were many people interested.

Humming amazing grace to myself. Twas a beaut, but a lot of respect to the LFS for not pushing out a sick anemone.

Last edited:

sprungson

Anemone Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's at Aquatic Collection in Hayward, CA. At this point, it's safe to say that they're one of the premiere anemone dealers in the country. I get all of my anemones from them.

I'm heading over tomorrow to take a look and hopefully snap more photos. It's currently in treatment, and if it makes it, it's sold. The price was undisclosed.
Dude so cool. I live in SJ and go to aquatic collection often. I've gotten my two carpets from Neptune though

OP
OP
D-Nak

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude so cool. I live in SJ and go to aquatic collection often. I've gotten my two carpets from Neptune though

I get all of my carpets from AC. My friend just picked up a gigantea from Robert a couple of weeks ago.

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was stationed in petaluma from 14-18 we would travel all the way down there to visit there store. Great LFS with awesome fish and frags. Never got a nem from them though. They used to have auctions on eBay that was awesome! With local shipping it was dirt cheap and I scored great pieces from them... then they stopped their ebay auctions one day.

But anyways, I usually traveled to all about fish in pleasant hill to get my nems. They seemed to have mags in stock regularly.

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lame that was beautiful. Makes me want a gig now. I have rfa and some bubbles lol not sure if my husbandry skills are up for that or not

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back