Rainbow sunburst minti

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll try to take a update pic. This thing is a fast grower. At least in my system. It has already started to encrust all around onto the frag plug.

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that the buyers of this coral have been growing these for almost 4 months, can we see updated pix?

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple friends and I went in on this piece. I have to say it is a very slow grower. I will ask him to post a update pic.

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple friends and I went in on this piece. I have to say it is a very slow grower. I will ask him to post a update pic.

I'm confused...

In your last post in September, you said it was a fast grower and almost fully encrusted the plug. Now 4 months later, it's a slow grower?

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm confused...

In your last post in September, you said it was a fast grower and almost fully encrusted the plug. Now 4 months later, it's a slow grower?

Yeah that was then. It took off and started encrusting the frag plug but all the sudden the growth dramatically slowed down for us. It is now in a friends tank. I gave it to him to care for when I took down my 40b and transfered everything into my 270g and didn't want to risk losing something that I didn't 100% own during the transfer. So now to answer your question. 4 months later it is a slow grower since it barely grew at all since the last post I made.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Would still love to see some pics of how the colors morphed or if they morphed? Or is everyone bitter about the purchase?

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would still love to see some pics of how the colors morphed or if they morphed? Or is everyone bitter about the purchase?

I have to say the colors are still there just more faint looking. I'll try to get my friend to post a pic up.

Myteemouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is ours as of a month ago December 6th
Dec6010-1.jpg

Dec6003.jpg

Myteemouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it still looks good I just moved it down about 6 inches lower to see if I get better color and better growth.

Reef 5etup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice...mines has alot of color in it but its like 1/2 inch LOL...barely grows but i aint complaining it came as a freebie with my purchase!

K-MAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine doesnt have the purple splotches but it does have a purple rim. considering that the whole frag was just about dead for at least a month Im very pleased with how its recovered.

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was shocked that this piece lived LOL. It sat at the Fed Ex facility for 2 days and the water was very very cold because an error on my part. Jason promptly sent me out a replacement piece free of charge that was twice the size but that didn't make it and it arrived on time and the water was a little warmer too.

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice...mines has alot of color in it but its like 1/2 inch LOL...barely grows but i aint complaining it came as a freebie with my purchase!

Yeah looking good huh. Lets see some pics dog! What a great freebie Jason tossed your way!

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I agree it looks pretty nice still. I'm sure once it catches its stride it will start to grow like most other montis

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 167 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back