Rainbow sunburst minti

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you guys keeping the frags in relation to your light source and what are you dipping them in?

Mines are under direct lighting 250w MH with meium-medium high flow and I dipped mines in a cocktail of interceptor and melafix.

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similiar piece, it was wild, with bright red polyps with a 4 color body, green, red, purple, blue. An absolute stunner. 3 months later it morphed to a superman.:sad:But, I only paid $15 for it, so I can't complain.
here's a top down pic of it when I had it...the blue and purple were on the sides. I'll try to dig up a side shot after work....

100_25881.jpg
[/
Perfect example of a wild coral morphing under certain conditions..I'm not hating on the piece but I don't think I wouldve paid $150 for an unproven piece..

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And what's even worse is I have a friend that owned a LFS so I know how much everything costs wholesale..then seeing a vendor charge hundreds for a tiny piece is just plain exploitation IMO...

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And what's even worse is I have a friend that owned a LFS so I know how much everything costs wholesale..then seeing a vendor charge hundreds for a tiny piece is just plain exploitation IMO...

I hear you on that. I know a few folks that get wholesale priceing also. It is an amazing mark up.

OP
OP
F

Frank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my piece last friday, the packing was fair Ive seen worse. It came in on a 2 x2 shiney piece of tile. I had to remove it and reattach it to something suitable. The colors are what I expected and the polys come up nice, but my sides are also still white, shipping and me man handeling the piece is going to take a little time. Lighting MH 150W 14" directly under 14" down good flow.

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not the rainbow sunbusrt monti, that's a forest fire that has morphed colors.

UWWorld_NJ

DangLinG GooDieS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whatsup everyone, the UWW Rainbow Suburst monti no matter where it is cut from part that dosnt have purple it will always form it, i testing this in many systems and lighting, in person this thing will BLOW YOUR MIND. there was never any brown and if there is somethings wrong. the purple gets so intense its unreal, also the green and oranges are really bright and wait alittle longer to see tthat crazy blue rim to pop out. put it at extremely high light at top and watch it go crazy, it can take alot of light or med light. even low..lol things are hardy and been captive for awhile. To everyone who didnt receive the best frag, its hard to give everyone the best of the best i tried my hardest and all i can say is wait till it settles in and grows which it is a FAST GROWER... This piece is like nothing i have ever seen few in-person witnesses can tell you this. thing looks like a rainbow cookie when colored-up. It was cut from main colony and will turn exactly that and look exactly like my pics. thanks everyone and keep the pictures comming i enjoy everyone. Roscoe its lookin real nice in ur system. Thanks

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"no matter where it is cut from part that dosnt have purple it will always form it"

Why wouldn't it have any purple in it if you fragged from a section of the mother that was purple?

After you received the original colony how long did you wait before you decided to release frags? And before the release date, how many frags did you make and grow out to ensure the frags do grow well and take on all of the colors you advertise that it has?

You must have some pics of the original grow out frags you could share, or maybe even some of the "tester" mini colony's that you have lying around in the "many systems", as you said. I mean, the thing has been in captivity for awhile now, you have to have a ton of pics of this one of a kind monti... A normal lighting mother colony shot would be awesome too.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think he was saying that if you got a part that wasnt purple, then it would turn purple. :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am pretty sure there were some pics on page 2.

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one, ill post pics a little later

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 72.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 47 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back