0   0   0
Mine looks just about the same. Nice pics Roscoe

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine looks just about the same. Nice pics Roscoe

Thanks..... I can't wait to see what this thing will look like once a colony!! If it grows like all my other encrusting montis it shouldn't take too long to become a colony.

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The polyps are nice and bright, no denying that. But if that is purple/blue than I guess my rainbow monti that I thought was brown is purple as well. It will be very interesting to see what this turns into that's for sure.

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3823.jpg

IMG_3822.jpg

IMG_3821.jpg

The polyps are nice and bright, no denying that. But if that is purple/blue than I guess my rainbow monti that I thought was brown is purple as well. It will be very interesting to see what this turns into that's for sure.

As you can see from my pics the base has green blue and purple and a spot has a hint of the orange on the body. Again no PS here. I don't believe in that stuff:bigsmile::bigsmile:. The pic is exactly what I see.

jmp21677

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My piece has some nice colors coming in already. Polyps are super bright and the base is getting more color every day. This coral is really healing quick! I have to say it is as advertised!!!

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My piece has some nice colors coming in already. Polyps are super bright and the base is getting more color every day. This coral is really healing quick! I have to say it is as advertised!!!

You have it in your tank already? Lets see some pics Joe.

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 frags @ $150 a pop for a recently imported SPS coral. Crazy....I really hope this trend of outrageous pricing doesn't funnel back into the SPS market like it did with the chalice craze.

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 frags @ $150 a pop for a recently imported SPS coral. Crazy....I really hope this trend of outrageous pricing doesn't funnel back into the SPS market like it did with the chalice craze.

I think as long there is a demand for them people will always chrage the rediculously high prices cuz they know there is people that will pay for it.

Mine is getting dipped every few days still :)
So when its done getting nuked I'll take some.

I dipped mines a couple times and said its good LOL. Did you see some pest in it?

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm with you on that. It makes wild colonies worth upwards of $5,000, and people wonder why there are 3,000,000,000 vendors, 1,000,000 frag tanks and no displays ;)

As long as someone is willing to pay the $, the prices will stay the same.

ol' skool pricing would be nice, but I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I have talked to sooooooooo many reefers about pricing and the issues surrounding it. I finally came the conclusion, as long as I am willing to pay X amount then it must be worth it to me. Nobody twisted my arm when I hit the paypal button. And as long as others are willing to do the same, then it is here to stay.
There are thousands of cheaper corals out there that I could or anyone else could buy.....

This isn't saying that I like it or condone it, but it is what it is and there isn't anything I can do about it except forego purchasing these pieces.

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah unfortunatly we the are the ones that keep the prices that way. If no one buy them at those high prices then the 3,000,000,000 vendors would have no choice but to lower the price but we all know if you want something bad enough and if the funds are there people will continue to pay the high price.

reef-lover

Reef Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similiar piece, it was wild, with bright red polyps with a 4 color body, green, red, purple, blue. An absolute stunner. 3 months later it morphed to a superman.:sad:But, I only paid $15 for it, so I can't complain.
here's a top down pic of it when I had it...the blue and purple were on the sides. I'll try to dig up a side shot after work....

100_25881.jpg

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similiar piece, it was wild, with bright red polyps with a 4 color body, green, red, purple, blue. An absolute stunner. 3 months later it morphed to a superman.:sad:But, I only paid $15 for it, so I can't complain.
here's a top down pic of it when I had it...the blue and purple were on the sides. I'll try to dig up a side shot after work....

100_25881.jpg

Nice!!!!

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine. I was a little po'd at the shipping method, especially dropping so much for a coral. It came in a large cooler with no ice pack and just an empty garbage bag that took up no space for padding, so it was rolling all around during shipping. So its no surprise that my coral was not doing well, and is still partially white.
IMG_2642.jpg

Last edited:

roscoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine. I was a little po'd at the shipping method, especially dropping so much for a coral. It came in a large cooler with no ice pack and just an empty garbage bag that took up no space for padding, so it was rolling all around during shipping. So its no surprise that my coral was not doing well, and is still partially white.
IMG_2642.jpg

yeah I have to say the packaging could've been better.

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you guys keeping the frags in relation to your light source and what are you dipping them in?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back