Raised Stand

  • Thread starter Thread starter JayFuente
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JayFuente

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 5, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
5
Location
Bay Area
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone fabricated a raised stand to create a better view of there reef?
 
Do you mean a taller stand that usual? Of course! For my frag tank, I made the stand 42 inches tall for a better view
 
Upvote 0
Yes, I do not like a short stands that adults have to crouch down to see. I build stands 36" to 48" high 🙂
 
Upvote 0
I used 6 x 6 lumber (wrapped in back vinyl to match stand) as a base footing to put my stand on. The 5.5 inches raise was enough to get a better view and not to tall (small platform step) to do maintenance.
 
Upvote 0
I ordered a taller stand. But in your case, a very rugged platform may work-- 'provided' it can withstand (no pun) the weight. 😉
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Usually built my own stand over the year for 40, 75 , 150, 180 and last one for 375 gallons . I used Rocket Science’s to build but high to my liking
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new