Raising alk without PH

pandaparties

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 20, 2020
Messages
6,952
Reaction score
8,149
Location
phoenix
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've noticed over time my ph is increasing with dosing for alk (wasser). The past couple months I've seen it go from pH 8.15-8.25 on a given day to 8.3-8.4, alk at 8.0. I'd like to increase my alk but I'm worried about driving my ph too high. Anyone else see this? How to fix?
 
if accurate that’s perfect, no worries
I guess I'm worried if it keeps creeping up and starts breaking into the 8.4-8.5 or beyond range if I up my wasser to get a higher alk. I get right now it's in a great range but it's trending up even with my current dosing regime
 
Nothing wrong with your ph levels. If you want to raise alk without any effect on ph, use TM All-For-Reef.

A word of caution - it will drive your nitrates to 0, if you have a ULNS.
 
It is likely an inaccurate pH drift. Try recalibrating with new fluid.

I feel pretty comfortable say that no tank has pH too high without dosing high pH additives or having grossly inadequate aeration.

As mentioned above, a bicarbonate alk additive (such as baking soda) will not raise pH.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new