Raising peppermint shrimp in fishless DT

Kirschy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys,

I just posted in the invert forum but want to try here aswell...
Ive had 3 lysmata wurdemanni peppermint shrimp for about 6 months and saw them spawn about 2-3 times allready. Last time was about a week ago.

Now since my tank is currently fishless im kinda eager to try raising some of the shrimp. Today when fragging a coral i found 5-6 larvae still alive so i feel like they are doing quite fine in my tank. I have quite an active biofauna and feed phytoplancton aswell as coral food.

Have any of you raised lysmata species in a normal reef tank? Can this be succesfull? What should i go about? I currently have no seperate tank to move them to but there doesnt seem to be a reason for that anyway.

Any tips?? The tank will be fallow for at least 1 month.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys,

I just posted in the invert forum but want to try here aswell...
Ive had 3 lysmata wurdemanni peppermint shrimp for about 6 months and saw them spawn about 2-3 times allready. Last time was about a week ago.

Now since my tank is currently fishless im kinda eager to try raising some of the shrimp. Today when fragging a coral i found 5-6 larvae still alive so i feel like they are doing quite fine in my tank. I have quite an active biofauna and feed phytoplancton aswell as coral food.

Have any of you raised lysmata species in a normal reef tank? Can this be succesfull? What should i go about? I currently have no seperate tank to move them to but there doesnt seem to be a reason for that anyway.

Any tips?? The tank will be fallow for at least 1 month.
I have no experience at all along these lines but have you read this?

https://www.advancedaquarist.com/2004/4/aafeature

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back