Raising trace elements with Red Sea's Trace colors

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jwstephens

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my results back and ordered the red sea kit to help raise them but the formula on there seems to be confusing on the levels I need to raise it according to the Triton tests. I am trying to find out how much of each to add to equate to what the ICP results showed me.

My recommendations:

Mg: We recommend the corrective dosage of 94.66 ml for 1 day. (This one I am fine with as I can test this)

K
: We recommend the corrective dosage of 72.82 ml for 1 day. (Not sure how much red sea that equates to)

I
: We recommend the corrective dosage be carried out over 2 days. For the first 1 days the daily dosage should be 4.73ml. On the last day please use 0.95ml. (Same issue)

Sr: We recommend the corrective dosage be carried out over 4 days. For the first 3 days the daily dosage should be 94.6ml. On the last day please use 54.03ml. (Mag has this in it and I will get it retested when all have been dosed and settled into tank a few weeks)

B: We recommend the corrective dosage be carried out over 2 days. For the first 1 days the daily dosage should be 47.3ml. On the last day please use 26.06ml (Trace "B" seems to have this in it also so will dose for Iodine and wait for next results to see how far off it is)

I am assuming "D" isn't required but wouldn't affect the balance of everything else if i used it at some point?

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the whole reason we are against these type of trace mixes. You have no idea what else you are putting in your tank along with that one element that you actually want.

Our dosing instructions are based on our individual element supplements as we know the purity and concentration of them, when we say Iodine on the the bottle that is all it contains, there are no contaminants or unwanted elements included.

OP
OP
jwstephens

jwstephens

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Def. understand Tim. I checked out the Trace elements you guys offer on the BRS site and my challenge would be the budgeting for all of the required elements. Not a knock on the price point, as I know allot goes into creating a pure product, it is just harder to sneak by the significant other :)

Titus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the whole reason we are against these type of trace mixes. You have no idea what else you are putting in your tank along with that one element that you actually want.

Our dosing instructions are based on our individual element supplements as we know the purity and concentration of them, when we say Iodine on the the bottle that is all it contains, there are no contaminants or unwanted elements included.
I think you will see that people will continue to look for alternative options for trace supplements as long as Triton only offers them in such massive quantities. For jwstephens, he would need to spend $173 in Triton traces but would only use $25 worth of what he would have to buy. If you could offer smaller bottles even at a significantly higher $/ml, it would make it an easier pill to swallow. Lets say you offered 100ml bottles of MG, K, and B for $10, 10ml bottles of I for $10, and 100ml bottles of Sr for $15. You would increase your $/ml by over 200%, while lowering jwstephens's bill from $173 to a more palatable $85. Now I know Triton is probably perfectly happy to sell people 10x what they need today, but you need to consider lost sales to people like jwstephens that look elsewhere as well as the friends of the guys that do buy that 1000ml bottle. If I bought one, I would be passing it around to every friend that needed it rather than letting them buy their own. I have already seen local facebook group posts saying things like "Does anyone have any Triton Trace Potassium that I can have? I just need a little bit and don't want to have to buy a giant bottle of it". So think about it... Do you want me and my 10 friends to each share a single $32 1000ml bottle, or each buy a $10 100ml bottle. ;-)

Reefs anonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This stuff is awesome! I began using it about 2-3 weeks ago and my corals colored up big time. I dose 1ml each everyday into 50 gals tank. It’s based on how much ca you dose into the tank.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back