Ranco is OOS, IM Helio vs Inkbird?

Aqualogic FTW.

20220917_130436.jpg
 
Looks awesome!! Can you send me a picture of your whole setup? How did you tie them in with your apex?
Absolutely! You can see my setup in my build thread here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/codys-153-gallon-ctc-custom-build-with-basement-sump-room.915426/.

I use two Aqualogic controllers and I used Y-splitter power cords to plug two BRS titanium heating elements (one 200 watt and one 300 watt) into each controller so I have a total of 4 heating elements. I set both controllers to the same temperature and let the controllers control the heating elements. Each controller is plugged into a seperate Apex energy bar and each energy bar is plugged into a different 20 amp circuit. The Apex is only set to turn off the Aqualogic controllers if the temperature gets way too high. With this setup I have maximum redundancy. If a heating element fails I have 3 others, if an Aqualogic fails I have a second one running 2 elements, if an energy bar fails I have a second controller on a seperate energy bar running 2 elements, even if the one whole circuit in my house trips I still have 500 watts of heat.
 
Absolutely! You can see my setup in my build thread here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/codys-153-gallon-ctc-custom-build-with-basement-sump-room.915426/.

I use two Aqualogic controllers and I used Y-splitter power cords to plug two BRS titanium heating elements (one 200 watt and one 300 watt) into each controller so I have a total of 4 heating elements. I set both controllers to the same temperature and let the controllers control the heating elements. Each controller is plugged into a seperate Apex energy bar and each energy bar is plugged into a different 20 amp circuit. The Apex is only set to turn off the Aqualogic controllers if the temperature gets way too high. With this setup I have maximum redundancy. If a heating element fails I have 3 others, if an Aqualogic fails I have a second one running 2 elements, if an energy bar fails I have a second controller on a seperate energy bar running 2 elements, even if the one whole circuit in my house trips I still have 500 watts of heat.
I've heard of some others who have the apex set to cycle the 2 sets of heaters at half a day each to maximize their lifespan.
 
Absolutely! You can see my setup in my build thread here: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/codys-153-gallon-ctc-custom-build-with-basement-sump-room.915426/.

I use two Aqualogic controllers and I used Y-splitter power cords to plug two BRS titanium heating elements (one 200 watt and one 300 watt) into each controller so I have a total of 4 heating elements. I set both controllers to the same temperature and let the controllers control the heating elements. Each controller is plugged into a seperate Apex energy bar and each energy bar is plugged into a different 20 amp circuit. The Apex is only set to turn off the Aqualogic controllers if the temperature gets way too high. With this setup I have maximum redundancy. If a heating element fails I have 3 others, if an Aqualogic fails I have a second one running 2 elements, if an energy bar fails I have a second controller on a seperate energy bar running 2 elements, even if the one whole circuit in my house trips I still have 500 watts of heat.

I do something simular but do not have them hooked up to a controller and I have a primary and secondary Ranco. The secondary has a 2° differential instead of 1° on the primary.
 
Yeah, not sure what BRS is doing. They're not discontinued. I'm adding another one to my system so I have two to control each heater separately.
 
I have helios on three of my tanks. One of them has been running for almost 2 years. Zero issues with any of them except once when it was my fault and there wasn't enough water flow getting to the sensor
 
Yeah, not sure what BRS is doing. They're not discontinued. I'm adding another one to my system so I have two to control each heater separately.
Found someone selling them used. Gonna scoop up the two he has available - super cheap
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new