Random Acro = Homewrecker Acro?

Hentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy Reefers. I purchased a random Acropora frag from a fellow reefer a few months back. It grew a little and my friend thought it was a Homewrecker... the more it grows the more I can’t help but completely agree. Would like your opinions on this to help clarify. Did a cheap random Acro happen to be a hidden gem?!

1YnIGjA.jpg

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks really nice. I’m kind of of the mindset though, that you can’t call it a specific “brand” without being able to directly trace its purchase back to that origin. May very well be the same species from the same region....but Homewrecker would indicate it came from the specific piece Jason Fox plucked from the ocean and colonized in his system. Just my thoughts

OP
OP
H

Hentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks really nice. I’m kind of of the mindset though, that you can’t call it a specific “brand” without being able to directly trace its purchase back to that origin. May very well be the same species from the same region....but Homewrecker would indicate it came from the specific piece Jason Fox plucked from the ocean and colonized in his system. Just my thoughts

I too am completely with you. I will never call it a Homewrecker or sell frags to locals as a Homewrecker. I’m just blown away the random Acro I bought resembles the very expensive and sought after Homewrecker Acro.

It’s a beautiful piece and regardless I’m amazed by its colors.

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks really nice! I don't get caught up on names. I really could care less whose tank it came from. It's not like Jason Fox came across the only acro in existance like that.

OP
OP
H

Hentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks really nice! I don't get caught up on names. I really could care less whose tank it came from. It's not like Jason Fox came across the only acro in existance like that.

I agree with this. I care more about color opposed to price or name. Just greatly resembles the famous Homewrecker.

When it gets bigger I'll give ya twice what you paid for a frag ;)

Lol $60 per .15” Jk jk jk

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too am completely with you. I will never call it a Homewrecker or sell frags to locals as a Homewrecker. I’m just blown away the random Acro I bought resembles the very expensive and sought after Homewrecker Acro.

It’s a beautiful piece and regardless I’m amazed by its colors.

It really is a diamond of a piece though man. Every bit as nice looking as the real deal. Who knows. It could be the same coral genetically speaking. If I landed such a gem I wouldn’t be fragging it till it was he size of a football or bigger ha ha

hyprc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Under actinics it shouldn't be too hard to tell in person. Growth pattern and colors are definitely remarkably close...

mannyhernz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar type of tenuis, but since its not from jf..alas not a home wrecker. I think you can color that thing up and give it your own name, or contact the person you u got it from and ask him where it came from.. nice piece though

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most tenuis can develop some amazing colors. It is a very nice piece. But can't call it a home wrecker even if it is cut from the same colony.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their All home wreckers:p

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's cut from the same colony then yes 100% ours a homewrecker and can be sold as such. If you can't trace it back to a legit hw colony then I agree it's dang close and you label it as whatever new name you want.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back