Random Flow Generator- 1in RFG100 - Q&A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When will you guys have the 1” modular loc line for extension
we'll have it available for pre-order by this weekend and will start shipping them next week. Supply will be somewhat limited however on the 1in modular hose parts - at least initially

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ...? Thank you
So sorry for the late reply @MunnKey - my notifications for this thread got turned off somehow and I didn't see it.

Regarding your question it would depend on a few factors. The size tank as well as it's dimensions and the amount of flow you can provide the nozzles.

The optimal suggested flow of a single 1in RFG starts around 700 GPH. the minimum is in the 300-400 GPH range. SO make sure you can provide enough flow.

Then as far as size goes, the 1in will create a pretty good wave/pulse. so you'll want to point it down the length of the atnk or provide at least 18-24in from the end of the nozzle the front glass.

Hope that answers your questions

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recieved the 1” today. Can’t say it’s going to work out for me. I have a 44”x22”x16” tank running a cor15 return. I ran all 1 1/4” plumbing besides a 2” flow monitor. I was getting right around 750gph at 47%. When I added random flow generator it drastically reduced output. I had to go to 80% on the pump to match the same flow. But at this point it would randomly send a small wave of water over the edge of my tank.
Not saying it is a bad product by any means and think it’s a pretty cool product for the price. I just don’t think it will work for my application. I was going for high flow, low velocity water as I’m running triton and they call for 10x turnover. I’m currently using a mp40 hitting the outflow to randomize the flow.
BB3F6923-45F8-4B57-8B6E-8A3B645BA825.jpeg

Any suggestions how I can make it work?
I apologize for the slow response @Norcalreef - I didn't get notified when you posted, so i missed your comments.

I'm sorry the RFG didnt work out in your case. The RFG will produce some head pressure, as any educator nozzle will. It will also defuse the flow to some extent because it's constantly changing the direction of the flow as it exits the nozzle, as opposed to just pushing it all in one direction.

what you experienced with the nozzle randomly sending small waves over the edge of your tank can happen when the nozzle really kicks in if you're not careful. For your tank, (and assuming your still interested din the RFG) you might consider splitting that return into dual 3/4in RFGs this woul slave the issue of splashing over the edge of the tank and provide more flow to either end as opposed to in one direction .

PM me, or shoot us an email and we'll get you taken care of.

OP
OP
Vivid Creative Aquatics

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new 1in modular hose version for the RFG nuzzle is now available for pre-order. We'll be shipping this model with the 1in NPT part since the only way this particular nozzle can be used is with the 1in modular hose parts that we offer. these will thread directly into a standard 1in threaded bulkhead.

We'll be shipping this new nozzle later this week, and supplied will be somewhat limited due to the NPT part - so get your orders in ASAP!

https://vividcreativeaquatics.com/s...ator-with-1in-modular-hose-fitting-rfgs100ll/

RFGS100LLG_2290.jpg

RFGS100LLG_2271.jpg RFGS100LLG_2279.jpg RFGS100LLG_2286.jpg

If you have any questions, let us know.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back