Random SPS ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter IAReefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

IAReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2019
Messages
112
Reaction score
122
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas of what these two corals are called? I just picked them up from a local reefer a couple of weeks ago and cannot remember what he said they were.
6EA1B00C-EA3F-4521-A1DE-33404080A1DA.jpeg
782F2EC6-DB3A-4D9F-A24F-F67375D9E73C.jpeg
 
Thanks! So it sounds like the second pic is a Purple Stylophora. Any ideas on the first one? These are my first 2 SPS corals
 
I googled hydnophora and stellata, and I don’t think it’s either? Any other ideas? My kids love telling their friends about what’s what in our tank!

Those two frags were just $10/each, perfect to get us into some SPS. We plan to upgrade to a large peninsula once we learn more and get everything stabilized and thriving... It’s an addiction!
 
I googled hydnophora and stellata, and I don’t think it’s either? Any other ideas? My kids love telling their friends about what’s what in our tank!

i do believe that we're going to need a better picture :D

i was going to go with montipora digitata, but the polyps look different, and it looks like it may start to brow new branches that don't match that growth pattern.

J.
 
Get the polyps retracted on the first piece (blow some water on it) and then take a pic
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new