Rapid LED Corona

Nano man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only time will tell but Rapidled lights are a smart choice. I scooped up my corona’s from a fellow reefer on the forums for a steal! I love em!

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i was going to get 8-12, but got the opportunity to get 4 of the hydra 32hd for less then 4 of the corona.
Ill still end up with the corona for other parts of the system, unless a g5 competitor is released first. Theres already some talk about Chinese companies doing it so we shall see indeed

JayLu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have six Rapid LED Onyx fixtures hanging over my aquarium. I bought them new about 5 years ago and they basically have been trouble free (I have had to replace a few power supplies). I don’t see much about RapidLED light fixtures either. However, I really like the lights and the company was a please to deal with when I bought them. I am curious if they are going to replace the Corona fixtures within the next year or so.

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running rapid LED DIY kits on my 90 for Year's I love these LEDs. So I decided I would get the Corona on my 180 build But just yesterday. I tried to order. 3 Corona fixtures for my new tank And they were not available So, how long do you think it'll take to get them in stock? I plan on running three of them. With a 48" Aquatic Life T5 fixture Here's some photos of my 90 with the DIY kits Hopefully the corona will be way better.

20191120_215900.jpg 20191120_215851.jpg 20191120_215911.jpg

Nano man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh you’ll love the Coronas I guarantee!
Not the virus of course!
Crappy phone pic in the evening but you get the idea!

D228E005-86FF-4C94-A12E-7A3031292093.jpeg

OP
OP
NS Mike D

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two years later and I went back to my review and have nothing to add. These lights have been set it and forget it, keeping the schedule and growing the corals.

The app is a charm. I like that it's not on my apex which can be a PITA to reconnect when the power goes out, Meanwhile the fishbit app just reconnects easy peasy.

Still crazy that these just don't get mentioned often in the light suggestion threads, given how those of us who have them are quite pleased with their performance and price point.

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 60 inches to cover. I'm using the aquatic life t5 plus 2 Corona. I want a third but waiting (hopefully) they will have more. I have been running the lights for 2 weeks and the combo has a lot of coverage. So far so good

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one thing I didn't like was my 2 fixtures didn't come in a box . They were wrapped in bubble wrap . The power sources were in boxes. Didn't think much of it till I saw an unboxing on YouTube. Do you think they were used?

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a new release is scheduled for april 1st. Hmmm. Joke or real?

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a new release is scheduled for april 1st. Hmmm. Joke or real?
I payed on the preorder. I need one more of these units to finish my light spread. They charged my credit card so I hope it's real. I have been using rapid for at least 5 years and they have always been helpful. Nothing has indicated it won't show up.

Jpcoral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 5 Corona fixtures over my 5ft tank 110 gal. What settings are you all using?

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a par meter on loan coming soon. i'll post my results
I will be borrowing a par meter in May to see if I need to adjust it. My 180 is only 4 months old so not much to worry about. So what settings are you using now? And did you recently buy them? Got corals?

OP
OP
NS Mike D

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought mine used in Fed 2018. I think they were 2 years old at that point (i'll note tge age again when I post my numbers).

I will be reconfiguring my settings. I have somewhere a spectrum balance from Dana Riddle, if I can find it I will repost that I used to ballpark my settings. I think they went something like this.

At 7am I had them go on ramping up to 11am to

White: 85%
Violet. 85%
Moonlight 0
Blue. 85%
Red. 40%
Green. 40%

then dialing down at 1pm to

White: 50%.
Violet. 75%
Moonlight 0
Blue. 75%
Red. 25%
Green. 25%

Then at 7pm

White: 0%.
Violet. 50%
Moonlight 0
Blue. 50%
Red. 25%
Green. 25%

11pm off

this was a guessing game. I when the par meter arrives I will redo these better matching the spectrum balance with actual math/readings

I understand dinos don't like blue but like white and that algae like red and green.

I don't like washed out blues all the time, but when I sit down at night I do enjoy a blue dominant setting to bring out the fluorescent proteins (ie pop) in the corals

Vinman

Brewing is worth it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes blues give you a feeling of a tank full of windex lol that's why I like the t5 hybrid fixture. It will be nice to use the par meter. I plan on using a dry erase marker to mark all locations in tank and take pictures for my records so when adding coral I will know what the par is on each rock

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back