raptures 265 peninsula.

rapture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, where do I start? I currently have a 125g which I accidently dropped a bulkhead down the overflow and cracked the bottom, so of course I was freaking out and was on the search for a new tank. I a few days later I get a call from a friend saying he found a tank for me. gave me a phone number and an address and without realizing what size the tank was I headed over and this is what was sitting in the room. this is the start of my new 265g monster! I just moved it as quick as I can and im in the process of cleaning it. we had to remove the skin to get it through the door. I have to re tack all of the trim around the base. I have to put all of the doors on and I think we are going to do crown molding around the top of the hood. all of the plumbing will be a piece of cake.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rapture

rapture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 holes for a closed loop in the bottom of the tank, the 2 center ones drain and the 4 on either side are return. I have a quiet one 6000 for the pump on the closed loop. inside the overflow there are 4 holes. 2 return and 2 drain. im not sure what im going to use, I have a couple jebao dc9000 pumps and I have another quiet one 6000 but im thinking I may want to go way bigger. ill have to do more research. I may just use 1 pump, like a barracuda or a hammerhead. I haven't decided from the bottom of the stand to the top of the return is 6 ft. so im going to have allot of head loss

OP
OP
rapture

rapture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7 ft x 2.5ft w x ? , the whole setup is 7.34ft tall just missing the ceiling in the room I have it in.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow nice beast of a tank! Can't wait to see it progress!

mallorieGgator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy moley that sucker is huge! Good luck with it and congrats on the upgrade.

OP
OP
rapture

rapture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, yesterday I have gotten the plumbing for the closed loop finished. I ordered a new skimmer, went with the bubble magus curve 9. I went with the bubble magus because of the smaller footprint and the price point. I am going to be using a 70g sump for now , its a leemar diamond edge tank that I installed glass baffles so the sump matches the tank. im also going to be using a 40 breeder as an ato reservoir. ill be tanking pictures tomorrow. when I button up the rest of the pluming. and do a wet test to see how my plumbing skills are.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking forward to pics!

OP
OP
rapture

rapture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome find! Did you thank your friend,lol
as a matter of fact I did, quite a few times. remember when I said the plumbing whould be a breeze? I lied its been a nightmare, I keep changing my mind on things and now I had seen another thread that is a sticky and he has an awesome manifold for my reactors , im going to steal his idea. but I do have the pluming for the closed loop finished. I took some photos but left my phone by the toilet this morning, and im at work :(

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice skimmer!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back