Rare fish show-off !!!

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super nice fish you got!! How are they with coral? I’ve always wanted one but the “with caution” makes me think twice.

I haven't noticed any issues with corals. I have a few with caution fish and stock my corals with that in mind, that being said I do have a few of what I would consider higher risk corals like: blastomussa, quite a few chalices, medium large colonies of zoanthids, and even an acan echinata, all without issues so far. Knock on wood lol. In with the corals are a venusta angelfish, burgess butterfly, and the aforementioned P. Aculeatus. My build thread has more details on what corals and fish I have in there. But I think it comes down to your personal risk aversion and tolerance levels, I will stock my corals around my fish. Just as a warning, the Aculeatus was quite a difficult fish for me to condition, most of the sources have it listed as relatively easy and that was not my experience.
IMG_5682.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't noticed any issues with corals. I have a few with caution fish and stock my corals with that in mind, that being said I do have a few of what I would consider higher risk corals like: blastomussa, quite a few chalices, medium large colonies of zoanthids, and even an acan echinata, all without issues so far. Knock on wood lol. In with the corals are a venusta angelfish, burgess butterfly, and the aforementioned P. Aculeatus. My build thread has more details on what corals and fish I have in there. But I think it comes down to your personal risk aversion and tolerance levels, I will stock my corals around my fish. Just as a warning, the Aculeatus was quite a difficult fish for me to condition, most of the sources have it listed as relatively easy and that was not my experience.
IMG_5682.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

Thanks for the info!

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Diamond tail Flasher. I am sorry but this is my "rare" fish. Too much of a tight wad.
I even got him as a tiny baby about 1 inch and 2 months later. I can't wait until his color fully come in.

2/16/2020
P attenuatus2020021609S.jpg

2/18/2020
P attenuatus2020041802L.jpg

poomba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of nice fish in this thread! Here is one of my Rainbow basslets. Beautiful fish with lots of personality. This one is about 4" long and has doubled in size over three months it has been in my tank.
rainbow_basslet.jpg

How big is he now? Some of the reference sources have them getting to ~10", but I feel like everyone I've seen in a tank is no more than 5"

bblumberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is he now? Some of the reference sources have them getting to ~10", but I feel like everyone I've seen in a tank is no more than 5"
One is about 5", the other is closer to 3.5". Very well behaved fish.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Broomtail Wrasse looks like a Parrotfish, a Harlequin Tusk, and a Marine Betta all got together, impregnated the Hogfish, and this is their baby.

My dream fish is a Clarion Angel but my tank will be fully stocked for it, so nay. Supposedly a hardy fish as well but just that price tag gives me a never ending sense of doom.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that Burgess Butterfly. Heard it’s supposed to be one of the easiest butterflies to keep, but maybe it’s more difficult than it seems? Your rare fish are beautiful BTW. Is that a Starckii’s Damsel? I seldom see them for sale here.

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Hes been pretty easy to keep. Has been eating very well since he arrived. Very friendly and confident which i wasnt expecting. Yea that is a starcki damsel, shes a little dark on the yellow, i assume because of the bright lights which i didnt realise.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 58.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 56 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.4%
Back