DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really it's pretty round with fingers and a base

20180105_143428.jpg
That's a nice devils hand. Here's a pic from a LFS that has the biggest one I've seen. The tank is 7' long for reference. There's has a pink tint to it.
20171230_170017.jpg

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

crayon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This coral gets called Sinularia or Cladelia depending on where you look, I have always called it Cladelia or Blushing Coral. I love the way it changes. Here it looks like a dead Stoney coral.

Am inspired to go take pics of my softies, now as I have this crazy purple nepthea with lime green polyps, but no photo. It belongs in this gallery.

19_B11_B6_F-7810-459_B-_A139-592_E7840_AE10.jpg

DanConnor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kentucky. I do have a lot of DD corals. But once you accumulate them there's not much of a variety beyond the few that they do get. Especially the rarer ones- they just don't carry them. I was actually going to order from ACO, but googled them and found hundreds of 1 star scammer reviews, similar to what you'd get on aquarium depot or reefs2go.

Whoah- sorry, didn't realize they were aquacon

Iqyax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is it? beauty!!!

Thanks. It is an old picture of my old 75 gallon tank that I lost due to a long power outage, caused by Hurricane Rita in 2005. I do still have a small colony of it though. There is a bit of a story behind this coral. A local reefer stumbled across a small colony of it at a LFS. It grew to about the size of a basketball in his tank. Very hardy coral. So, just about all of the reefers where I live, either still have this, or at least had some of it in the past.

The reefer that originally bought it used to exchange corals with LeRoy at GARF. He sent a nice sized chunk of this to LeRoy and he was very excited when he saw it, because he had never seen it before. So my friend sent him even more of it as it grew. It may be all over the place by now, for all I know, but at the time, it was apparently a rare coral. We have always just called it a green polyped leather. Not sure we ever found out exactly what it really is. If someone knows, please chime in.

That pic was taken under metal halide lighting and old VHO tubes. It is a good representation of the color of the body and polyps. When it is happy, those green polyps really extend and it is a nice looking softie.

I believe it's called a neon mumps leather...or at least that what my lfs had it labeled as

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it's called a neon mumps leather...or at least that what my lfs had it labeled as
Good as any. It is nice to know what a coral is, but to me, not really necessary. Your post led to an image search, which may have answered the question though. What I have looks very similar to a Neon Green Crown Lobophytum Leather (as listed at Tidal Gardens web site). $50 for a 1"-2" frag (you're welcome, Travis :))!

tsav87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good as any. It is nice to know what a coral is, but to me, not really necessary. Your post led to an image search, which may have answered the question though. What I have looks very similar to a Neon Green Crown Lobophytum Leather (as listed at Tidal Gardens web site). $50 for a 1"-2" frag (you're welcome, Travis :))!
I owe you a bunch of cuttings! ;Wideyed

tsav87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all you softy tank keepers. Are you running GAC 24/7 to prevent chemical warfare?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 33 80.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.9%
Back