Rarest/Weirdest/Coolest Looking hitchhikers?

  • Thread starter Thread starter duberii
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

duberii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 27, 2018
Messages
1,142
Reaction score
607
Location
Glastonbury,CT
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently fell down the hole of looking at some of the crazy things people got from Tampa Bay Saltwater and there’s some amazing stuff (needless to say I’ll be picking some up myself in the near future). Does anybody have any corals or inverts to show off or any funny stories?
 
I'm setting up a new tank and if I do not find any other live rock that I like, I'm going with these guys. Sounds like they have all kinds of exciting life in their rock. They're from Florida, so they do not have to scrub the rocks for customs inspection. Also, they ship with water via air freight, which allows them to include all sorts of sponges and other wild life.

Very interesting in hearing of other stories. Their review are great and the only drawback for me would be the potential of nuisance plants or animals but that can be dealt with.

https://tbsaltwater.com/
 
I have their rock also, the only hitchhiker that scared me from the area the rock seeds are the Blue Ring Octopus.
The hardest part was having to get the shipment from the Airport itself.
 
I have their rock also, the only hitchhiker that scared me from the area the rock seeds are the Blue Ring Octopus.
The hardest part was having to get the shipment from the Airport itself.
There are no blue ringed octopuses in the Gulf or Atlantic. Probably the only scary venomous thing would be a cone snail.
 
When I got my shipment, it came with a Pistol shrimp! Cute little guy. I've heard stories of people finding gobies and other small fish in their shipment.
 
Something that came in on some live rock I got a a LFS in my area, which I still have to this day, are Upside Down Jellyfish Polyps. Like a ton of them. They aren't going through strobilation as much as they were over the summer which makes me belive that even though the aquarium is pretty stable year round, their strobilation is seasonal. Although I still get one or two every time I do a water change. So maybe someday I will finally be able to raise one to a full grown Jellyfish.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new