RB Photon V2+ 48?

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Cool… thanks. Seems like using a controller really isn’t necessary with the app upgrade to the light ?
No, you don't need to use the remote if you upgrade to the WiFi/App module. It might not even work (I really don't know, haven't tested it once I upgraded) since you remove the module that communicates with the remote and replace it with the WiFi one.

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, you don't need to use the remote if you upgrade to the WiFi/App module. It might not even work (I really don't know, haven't tested it once I upgraded) since you remove the module that communicates with the remote and replace it with the WiFi one.
I meant using the Reef Nexus app vs using a Hydros controller 0-10v… id much rather use the Reef Nexus than Hydros if the functionality is same at a minimum.

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I meant using the Reef Nexus app vs using a Hydros controller 0-10v… id much rather use the Reef Nexus than Hydros if the functionality is same at a minimum.
Gotcha. No, you don't need to use anything other the app, once you upgrade the module.

Michael Adam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I'm late on this thread. I'm thinking of getting this light. My question is you are upgrading to the app to run it. The new one says you can run it from the cloud. Is that the upgrade you are talking about? Thanks for any info.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 19 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 107 75.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 16 11.3%
Back