RBTA Losing Tentacles???

Having same issue and after reading, pretty sure increased flow is the issue
 
For the new posters here: As long as the nem is just dropping a few tentacles, you shouldn't worry. Nems will sometimes drop a tentacle here & there, think of it as the nem trying to better balance itself against the direction(s) of the flow.
 
This is what happened to my RBTAs... . I am still holding onto hope that it will make a recovery. Is there still hope?!

image.jpg
 
This is what happened to my RBTAs... . I am still holding onto hope that it will make a recovery. Is there still hope?!

image.jpg
Any word on this? I am having this issue, been closed and shrank for almost 2 weeks.
 

Attachments

  • 09B69C09-69BA-4833-998A-AC91D794EC90.jpeg
    09B69C09-69BA-4833-998A-AC91D794EC90.jpeg
    175.9 KB · Views: 86
Should you remove the tentacles that seperated from the tank? I heard pretty much nothing will eat them?
 
Should you remove the tentacles that seperated from the tank? I heard pretty much nothing will eat them?
To be honest, I never really saw them. Of course, I saw my anemone not have tentacles anymore, but other than that, I had no other evidence. (other than it looked like it was also shedding?.) My anemone is has yet to inflate and is hiding under a rock, I have looked at it a few times and the mouth was wide open. From what I have read, that is a terrible sign, but it has yet to officially "die" so I have keeping my fingers crossed that he pulls through.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new