RC Aircraft

  • Thread starter Thread starter Adam113
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
This thing is outrageously powerful. My larger scale planes were always gas. I've never had a large scale electric plane. Today's technology is incredible.
I had a friend who was into RC planes and I would tag along with him when he would go to one of the Aerodromes to fly. Is the hobby moving away from gas and going electric now?
 
I had a friend who was into RC planes and I would tag along with him when he would go to one of the Aerodromes to fly. Is the hobby moving away from gas and going electric now?

It's certainly going that way for a lot of people. I have mostly electrics as I moved to a townhouse and didn't have an AMA chartered flying site nearby, at least I thought so. I just found one that I joined, and the wing above is being built for a gasser...
 
This brings back some awesome memories! When I was a kid, I remember being super excited when the Tower Hobbies catalog came in the mail. I was mostly into R/C cars, but I do remember getting and flying a little foam winged trainer that I built with a COX .049 glow engine in it. :D
 
Water I'm into them too

Took four years tweaking to get non line of site abilities for both rc and video through forty brick homes all in the fresnel zone transmitting one foot of the ground heh. Am driving that while laying in bed watching it on tv









This was seven am in the middle of New Mexico I realize highway rc isn't prudent, but there had been no cars for an hour and we needed the straightaway.



 
Last edited:
Starting a new build. IMG_6463.JPG
IMG_6474.JPG

I modded a 4-Star during construction once, cut off 2 or 3 ribs on either side to shorten the span, increased the control surfaces by about 20% and I probably got rid of the dihedral if it had any. Been a long time I don't remember exactly. As I recall it flew great.
 
I modded a 4-Star during construction once, cut off 2 or 3 ribs on either side to shorten the span, increased the control surfaces by about 20% and I probably got rid of the dihedral if it had any. Been a long time I don't remember exactly. As I recall it flew great.

Looking at the picture of yours it was probably only one rib on each side.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new