Re-introducing myself

SteveG_inDC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R,
I've only been in this community for a little while but have already found it supremely helpful. Amazing collection of talent and knowledge and creativity here. I wanted to reintroduce myself because, honestly, nobody seems to be visiting my build thread and it's getting lonely!

I started a build thread (see my profile or here for a recent post with an unanswered question) but have not gotten any comments there. I do embed lots of questions, but I've found that I only get answers if I post in a topic-specific forum like DIY. Is that how i should keep doing it, post questions there? If i post questions in the build thread then commenters can see the context for the question (tank size, stocking plan, etc.). So I'm using this post to see if I can get some love on the build thread. I realize there is a ton of traffic on that forum, so it's hard for any one reefer like me to get followers.

I've learned to make my posts image-rich, so here's all I got for now, given that my tank is sitting dry in a warehouse right now waiting to be shipped. You have to visit my thread to see exciting photos of a saltwater mixing station in progress, a dirty reef tank being repurposed for a sump, and my current tank-less basement living room.
1593177862051.png

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello (again?) and delayed welcome. My original build thread was a lonely place. I started a new one for my pico which isn't very diy based as it's literally just a tiny tank.... it seems to get a little bit more attention. I see a lot of people cross reference into specific areas of the forum though to help drive traffic to it though. I'll definitely check yours out and see if there's anything I can answer.

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R,
I've only been in this community for a little while but have already found it supremely helpful. Amazing collection of talent and knowledge and creativity here. I wanted to reintroduce myself because, honestly, nobody seems to be visiting my build thread and it's getting lonely!

I started a build thread (see my profile or here for a recent post with an unanswered question) but have not gotten any comments there. I do embed lots of questions, but I've found that I only get answers if I post in a topic-specific forum like DIY. Is that how i should keep doing it, post questions there? If i post questions in the build thread then commenters can see the context for the question (tank size, stocking plan, etc.). So I'm using this post to see if I can get some love on the build thread. I realize there is a ton of traffic on that forum, so it's hard for any one reefer like me to get followers.

I've learned to make my posts image-rich, so here's all I got for now, given that my tank is sitting dry in a warehouse right now waiting to be shipped. You have to visit my thread to see exciting photos of a saltwater mixing station in progress, a dirty reef tank being repurposed for a sump, and my current tank-less basement living room.
1593177862051.png
Welcome to R2R.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. The probably with posting questions in a build thread is people have to read through a lot of content. I view my build thread as a journal that is available to everyone to read. However questions are all posted in separate threads in the correct forum. Sometimes I post links in my build thread of the questions I’ve asked so I can easily find them again for reference.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! You’re on the right track for drawing attention to your posts. I would also recommend the tagging feature it’ll help make the post a little more visible to searches. If you’re not receiving answers on a post “Bump” it to push to the top again. Just some mini things you can do... where are you located? Maybe there is a local group on here that you can join as well.

Big fan of the blueprints! Checking out your build thread as well. If I can add anything to your posts I’ll chime in.
giphy.gif

Seffner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

I'm pretty new here and not even ready to start a new build. I'm asking so that I can learn from your experiences... have you had anything that you felt was urgent enough to tag the "reefsquad"? I've seen posts that suggest doing that and wondered how quickly the responses are. I plan to follow your build, so if you do use it, I should see the results!

I really like the plan and look forward to seeing how things develop.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back