Re-plastic welding. All DIY KINGS CALLED.

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So beyond the necessity of the brace (I agree that it's necessary and wouldn't risk messing with it,) it looks like you also drilled too close to the top. How big are the holes and how close to the top edge and to each other are they?

bobman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the center brace on my 75 with aluminum stalk and angled channel that I screwed together. Works great. I also took the top brace off completely because it was cracked. Depending on the size I have brand new braces for a 75 that didnt fit mine. The company told me my tank is slightly larger and that why. I does have thicker glass than most 75 gallon tanks. You are welcom to those if you just pay shipping. I made mine rimless with a strip of 3/8" glass on each side and a aluminum brace in the middle. Aluminum is good because silicone adheres to it very well

OP
OP
Sir Chris

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I love how the question has opened up much. I’ve seen the braces and wish I could rip the top off and make my own 100%. But the online is a good 1 and the its a 48 long and 18 deep and 21 high. The glass is 1/4in from what I can eye and I wanted 2 use epoxy like putty and the liquid after and drill divots and rough it for it 2 fill and grab I’ve got like 4 things. I got the shadow on and I feel it’s not a seem splitter. I’ve been worried since day 1 on building my stand wanted 2x8s as the base but used 6s. I will show what madness I’ve made

OP
OP
Sir Chris

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So beyond the necessity of the brace (I agree that it's necessary and wouldn't risk messing with it,) it looks like you also drilled too close to the top. How big are the holes and how close to the top edge and to each other are they?
I am 1/2 an inch from trim or 1 inch top using the stock wiers. I called shadow and will cut me lower ones if I want and is the reason this flow pulled me in. I said I can dremel em but the algae would get annoying cleaning but that’s y they give 2 of em. So offered 20$ a pop cut 2 my wants so can lower it 16mm more but like the high look

image.jpg

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am 1/2 an inch from trim or 1 inch top using the stock wiers. I called shadow and will cut me lower ones if I want and is the reason this flow pulled me in. I said I can dremel em but the algae would get annoying cleaning but that’s y they give 2 of em. So offered 20$ a pop cut 2 my wants so can lower it 16mm more but like the high look

Are the holes that close to the top or the edge of the weir? The edges of the holes should be at least one diameter from the top and from each other (i.e. if you cut a 1.5” hole, the top edge of the hole should be at least 1.5” from the top edge of the tank.) Otherwise you risk compromising the integrity of the glas panel.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back