Coral Frag Holder on Rocks acrylic rod/ceramic ring.

ThePhoReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reason to do this.
Hate having to pull out my torches glued on rock every time I want to inspect the health of my torches. Also waste glue by reglue back on rocks. Sometimes i would damage the coral by taking it out. With this I can take out and inspect with ease. Also able to take pictures and video.

Items need
-ceramic rings
-acrylic rods 6mm
-frag plugs
-coral glue (IC Gel Glue)
-cutting device( bandsaw/ dremel)
IMG_8278.png
IMG_8280.jpeg

Steps
1. Cut rods to small size (measure rod to ceramic rod and cut according to length of the ceramic ring). Use bandsaw or dremel. Be careful.

2. Cut the bottom part of the frag plug of your choice (sand the bottom for smooth surface if you want but don’t have to)

3. Attach acrylic rod to frag holder. Give time to cure. Usually put under water to cure.
IMG_8272.jpeg

4. Glue ceramic rings to rocks. be careful and check if the ceramic ring big enough size, some of them are small so test before using the ceramic rings. Allow time to cure.

5. Attach desired coral to modified frag plug and plug into ceramic ring glued to rock.
IMG_8275.jpeg

Enjoy inspecting your coral with ease.

Last edited:

fltt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Neat Idea... I hate trying to figure out where to hold the coral/plug while waiting for the glue to set up.

Kactai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is freaking genius and a really good solution for a guy like me who didn’t have the foresight to drill the rock work to hold plugs. I’m going to set this up in my 180g spa dominant mixed reef. Any updates? How do you like it so far?

exquisitething

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be great if the ceramic ring is large enough to allow the leg of the frag plug to fit into it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back