Re-scape my rockwork

Raphael Dalmeida

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I've spent hours yesterday rescaping my rock work to no success as at the end I was left still unsatisfied.

Can you guys give me some pointers on what I can do? I'm thinking of starting my scape from scratch.

Current middle tall rock is stacked using a acrylic rod - Im thinking it's a bit out of place and unatural so thinking of dismantling it.

I'd like to have my zoa's on an island

Tank dimensions 120cmx90cmx60cm corner internal overflow on the left.

IMG_20220404_212041.jpg
IMG_20220404_211947.jpg

Things to consider, I have 1 dotty back (needs hiding), 1 laboutei wrasse, 1 McNeil assessor (needs hiding), 2 clowns and 1 stripey.

Corals I have small frags of pocci and small acro frags, a bunch of LPS around sand bed, zoa's, big sinularia and toadstool, a few small lepto frags.

Got 2 BTAs, a few cucumbers, cowries etc

thanks

OP
OP
Raphael Dalmeida

Raphael Dalmeida

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I do have quite a lot of rocks and another one of those big Cup coral skeletons.

I'm thinking of reducing the rocks there but not sure what structure I should make.
The cup coral rocks look pretty cool as well and make great natural plateaus, though I'm not sure how to place them.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back