Re-scaping my tank

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all.. my tank is now about 5-6 months old and I wanted to rescape 1/2 of my tank. I wanted to completely remove the left side of the rock in the tank and put some kinda tonga branch.

Some issues i am thinking about is will my tank go into a mini cycle adding all this new dry rock?

Am I going to affect the sps in the tank? I am doing this to get more space to plant sps and I think o can do that with Tonga branch. Right now i am limited to what I can have.

opinions ? suggestions ?
tank.jpg

nfritz565

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where ru located I'd be willing to trade Tonga for that flat piece

LIreefguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only see 3 fish so you have a light bio load

Even with taken out half the rock there is enough available with the sand and the other live rock that there shouldn’t be a mini cycle

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only see 3 fish so you have a light bio load

Even with taken out half the rock there is enough available with the sand and the other live rock that there shouldn’t be a mini cycle
lol I have 8 fish total.

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to see. if I can find a decent deal on the rock i will do it. Anyone know whats the man made tonga branch out there?
If you have sump put extra rock in there

If not, still don’t think half the rock would be that big of a deal.
no sump its a all in one

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i finally for the tonga branches and ready to start soon. what's best way to go about this? i need to scape using 2 existing pieces of rock but the have a lot of zoas on them. i can't do my scape outside the tank as I have to check all the pieces and see how they fit before i glue them down..

Umair

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i finally for the tonga branches and ready to start soon. what's best way to go about this? i need to scape using 2 existing pieces of rock but the have a lot of zoas on them. i can't do my scape outside the tank as I have to check all the pieces and see how they fit before i glue them down..

Hi mate so did u went ahead with re-scaping your left side? im in a similar position so was curious on your results

OP
OP
Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Umair.. I removed the whole top from the shelves up.. I put back some small pieces and used a lot of tonga branch. nothing died other than 1 coral while it was in the holding bin.
IMG_7073.JPG

Umair

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Umair.. I removed the whole top from the shelves up.. I put back some small pieces and used a lot of tonga branch. nothing died other than 1 coral while it was in the holding bin.
IMG_7073.JPG
your tank looks beautiful, hardwork has definitely paid off.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back