Reactor placement TLF

  • Thread starter Thread starter rayn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2014
Messages
3,355
Reaction score
2,383
Location
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering where people place their reactors? Maybe I'm confused, but in certain pics they look to be IN the sump as opposed to hanging on the outside. Maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me, but if they can be placed IN the sump it would save room outside.
 
I think it depends on the reactor in question, BRS up-flow are meant to by mounted.
The new one that Avast Marine called the spyglass in meant to be place somewhere in the sump.
I don't think there is a drawback to either but rather how the end-user intends to deploy the unit in their system.

I mounted the ones I have for Carbon and GFO for easy of access, picture below.
6477659595_e600354060_z.jpg
 
Last edited:
I get the BRS ones. Not familiar with avast, as I haven't used one. What about two little fishies? They have the ability to hang on the tank or sump. I just can't see well enough if they are in or out of the sump.
 
What about two little fishies?
I don't think it matter unless it leaks and you are just living with it, so you place it inside the sump, or you are trying to save space.
 
I was thinking space saving. Didn't knownif the sticker on the outside mattered or not. Good to know!
 
Didn't knownif the sticker on the outside mattered or not.
...nothing a little goo-be-gone can't take care of!
 
True! I got a whole can of that. I'm being anal and wiping the letters off my plumbing with it.
 
Yep the two little fishes can be used either way it's what works best for you. I have ours all outside of sump for easier access to maintain. If it's easier to do it's more likely to get done usually it seems. As Alex has his ours also is plumbed off the return pump to cut down number of pumps and extra heat from them. Also helps save on electricity using a dc return pump.
IMAG1713.jpg
 
If it's easier to do it's more likely to get done usually it seems.
Couldn't agree more Steve!!!
My old system had them behind the sump (only space left), what a pain :mad: that was!!!
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new