Reactors for a RSR 425XL

hawkbait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I've been running my RSR 425 for about 8 months now and want to add a carbon reactor (to get my carbon to work better than just filter bags) and for phosphate removal, also thinking about doing calcium at a later date. Should I go ahead and get all three and not run the calcium.

I was looking at one on amazon and getting multiple of them, I'm not sure if it's a good one or large enough for my system. What type of system should I be looking at is basically what I'm looking for.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you're looking at is a hang on the back reactor. Since you have a sump, I would advise against that. I personally would get a dual chamber reactor to run from the sump if you're looking to control water clarity/impurities (carbon) and phosphates (GFO). A calcium reactor is a completely different and much more complicated animal, and won't address either. It all comes down to what you're trying to accomplish.

OP
OP
hawkbait

hawkbait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to improve my carbon usage right now they’re just in bags chillen in the sump. I also need to lower my phosphates a bit.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back