Realistic Cure time Weld-On 4 vs 16

richsfishes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO I need to do some minor acrylic repairs on a lobster tank using acrylic cement. I'm hoping to do the work and fill it back up within a couple hours. Weld-on 16 says 24-48 hour cure time. But I'm concerned about leaving the system down that long and losing the biological. I can't find a cure time for Weld-on 4. I'm assuming it's faster but how much faster? Anyone have experience getting weld-on joints wet soon after completing the work?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24-48 hours to get up to decent strength but a week or so for full strength… what exactly are you doing? Pics would help… using Weldon 3/4 is gonna be hard if it’s not super clean or brand new plastic.. 16 will work but nearly as strong and looks like crap..

OP
OP
R

richsfishes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24-48 hours to get up to decent strength but a week or so for full strength… what exactly are you doing? Pics would help… using Weldon 3/4 is gonna be hard if it’s not super clean or brand new plastic.. 16 will work but nearly as strong and looks like crap..
Just reattaching the little brackets that hold the removable dividers in place. So strength isn't critical. But I'd like it to not look godawful. I was concerned about whether 3/4 will work because I'm not sure how clean the pieces will be. I'm not in site so don't have them to look at or take pictures.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just reattaching the little brackets that hold the removable dividers in place. So strength isn't critical. But I'd like it to not look godawful. I was concerned about whether 3/4 will work because I'm not sure how clean the pieces will be. I'm not in site so don't have them to look at or take pictures.
16 would prolly be fine then.. it will leave some bubbles etc but won’t won’t be terrible on something like that.. 40-42 is another option but getting hard to find recently with production slowing down for what ever reasons.. just clean the area the best you can with denature alcohol and glue it up.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why was that word blocked it is a legitimate description of a delay in a catalyzed reaction? Some people need to get a life :rolleyes:! It was used correctly and is a scientific description! Wow just wow!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why was that word blocked it is a legitimate description of a delay in a catalyzed reaction? Some people need to get a life :rolleyes:! It was used correctly and is a scientific description! Wow just wow!
I’m felling dumb trying to figure it out hahahahaha

Borat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are you using some kind commercial things advertised on US&A Television Puppet Show, instead of using Tensol-12 to properly glue pieces of acrylic?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 52 74.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back