• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Really Fishybusiness a “Packing Charge”

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

tanfeng

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was the 1st time I have ordered from fishy business and thought I would give them a shot as I see them on REEF2REEF all the time. I don’t think I have order from saltwaterfish yet.
They spent money on advertisement, then they have to get back money from some where else,[emoji1]

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say this..... (and I'm not affiliated with them in any way)

The ONLY vendor I trust with Online corals is WWC World Wide Corals

I ordered $600 in corals during their Black Friday Event.

* No hidden fees

* Once you bought a shipping module and had an Acct, checkout could be pulled off in 10seconds when competing with others for the same live post

* I actually screwed up and bought two shipping modules, one for a Tues delivery, one for a Thurs. I got a PM directly from Chris, the Owner of WWC asking me which module I wanted to use bc he caught the mistake when reviewing my order. Wow.

* Packaging upon arrival was the most professional packaging I have ever seen in my 15yrs of reefing. I was astonishingly pleased. I could tell they were ultra professional in their packing skills

* All coral survived, all Individually packed in separate bags

* Some corals were a phenomenal surprise, getting a few EXTRA polyps on zoas/palys. Never shorted.

I wont buy from anyone other than WWC. Chris, the owner is one standup honest dude. Customer service is his #1 priority.... and I'm sure he makes quite the profit but in my eyes HE'S EARNED IT

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coral Newbie

Coral Newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say this..... (and I'm not affiliated with them in any way)

The ONLY vendor I trust with Online corals is WWC World Wide Coral

I ordered $600 in corals during their Black Friday Event.

* No hidden fees

* Once you bought a shipping module and had an Acct, checkout could be pulled off in 10seconds when competing with others for the same live post

* Packaging upon arrival was the most professional packaging I have ever seen in my 15yrs of reefing. I was astonishing pleased.

* All coral survived, all Individually packed in separate bags

* Some corals were a phenomenal surprise, getting a few EXTRA polyps on zoas/palys. Never shorted.

I wknt buy from anyone other than WWC. Chris, the owner is one standup honest dude. Customer service is his #1 priority.... and I'm sure he makes quite the profit but in my eyes HE'S EARNED IT

WWC is top notch. I am also committed to @Battlecorals. The service Adam provides is second to none

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that turned me off, the prices are already a bit high. I wouldn't mind the higher prices for quality goods, but I've had to drop them from my list. Anyone know a good p[lace to find some off beat fish.

OP
OP
Coral Newbie

Coral Newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an order picked out and bailed when I saw that additional charge. It's either free shipping or it isn't.

Yea was totally caught off guard on it. I ended up just paying for it as want to added my “tang gang” at the same time and some of my other tangs are in QT now.

OP
OP
Coral Newbie

Coral Newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that turned me off, the prices are already a bit high. I wouldn't mind the higher prices for quality goods, but I've had to drop them from my list. Anyone know a good p[lace to find some off beat fish.

Wondering this to. I have also ordered from marinecollectors.com

DylanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Fishy Bizness" (not Fishy Business) states what their packaging charge will be applied at the same info area, on their site.

SHIPPING RATES

LIVE ANIMALS & FRESH FOOD – Shipping Options ( WITH free shipping promotion offered)

$0-free ship amount Over the free ship amount Packing

Live products and Fresh Foods - pm overnight $29.99 $0 $8.99

Live products and Fresh Foods - am overnight $44.99 $15 $8.99

Live products and Fresh Foods - pm overnight Sat. del. $44.99 $15 $8.99

Live products and Fresh Foods - am overnight Sat. del. 59.99 $30 $8.99

Speaking of “fishy-bizness”, anyone have experience with their 14 day guarantee? They have some cool stuff I wouldn’t mind trying, but one spot in their site says 14 day with refund, another spot says replacement at their discretion.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of “fishy-bizness”, anyone have experience with their 14 day guarantee? They have some cool stuff I wouldn’t mind trying, but one spot in their site says 14 day with refund, another spot says replacement at their discretion.
never dealt with either one.

I'm comfortable dealing with TSM Corals / Divers Den (WYSIWYG) and WWC's

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, but I find this thread laughable. I have ordered several times from Fishy business aquatics, actually 10, and never have been charged a package fee. I even went back and looked at each one and no surcharge of any sort.

If the starter of the thread has any concerns it should be started in the vendor feedback forum so it can be addressed between the two parties only.:)

Last edited:

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, but I find this thread laughable. I have ordered several times from Fishy business aquatics, actually 10, and never have been charged a package fee. I even went back and looked at each one and no surcharge of any sort.

Good to know.
Maybe the OP meant Fishy Bizness, but they clearly show a packing fee on their website.
I would not call that a hidden charge, because it is clearly made known, on their website.

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know.
Maybe the OP meant Fishy Bizness, but they clearly show a packing fee on their website.
I would not call that a hidden charge, because it is clearly made it known on their website.
It could very well be who they meant, its all fine, just hate for some businesses to get a bad rap for stuff they don't do. I have had very good luck with fishy business aquatics and will not buy fish online from anyone else.

OP
OP
Coral Newbie

Coral Newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If the starter of the thread has any concerns it should be started in the vendor feedback forum so it can be addressed between the two parties only.:)

5ED40FD4-2D1A-4017-9125-682CC7E0DD57.png

Nope. See screen shot just under acclimation kit

U

User1

View Badges
It isn't a hidden profit. Other stores are doing it as well. They just call it different things or it is tacked onto the price of a product. The product can be fish, coral, or a dry good. Nothing is free. Three things you should learn. Death, taxes, and someone always has to go to jail.

Packaging fee could pay for the time to prep, box, and ship. It could be the supplies used (box, water, heat/cold packs, etc). It could be a combination of many things. If you are in doubt pick up the phone and call or send an email, state your concern, how you felt that it was a hidden charge, and see what they say.

But to think they are doing something fishy or there is a hidden profit then I would say you are incorrect. There are some sponsors on this board would I would say clearly blur the line between what is right and wrong for whom I wouldn't support nor recommend. But this doesn't seem like that and I'd say it is just not laid out what the cost is for or why it was added nor when.

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just put a fish in, but not the state and went to checkout.

Screenshot (67).png

At this point, it's the buyer's decision.
That's something new.

Just did it also and I stand corrected.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back