Reboot caused all outlets to lock to off-need help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Background: 5 day old EL replaced my 7 year old classic (which never had a problem). System is EL, display, EB8 (x2), LSM, WXM, breakout box. I did not hook up the new EB832 yet. Tonight I adjusted the Apex clock to match local. Then I checked the restart box that is beside the word Reboot in the misc screen, and hit upload. Then this happened:

All outlets on the EB8s went to off. Can not turn them on.
Orange light on EL solid, and green lights on EB8s, LSM, and WMX are green as normal.
Fusion seems to be connected.
Temp and pH reading are froze.
Power off and reset button have no effect.
Apex local is just like fusion. Can log in, every outlet is off, and I can't toggle anything to on.
Display in address 1 says missing, but it added a display to the next address, 6.

Now that I think about, my scrubber light and skimmer were both on when they should have been off just before this happened. I thought it was because the clock needing set, but now I'm not sure.

I unplugged the display after reading a bad display can cause problems. No change. That was after fusion says missing in address 1, but added another in 6.

I did the update this week. An hour prior I said to myself it should be safe to remove my old apex from fusion, and did so :mad: Running the tank on extension cords for now.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone just posted on the Neptune Community Forum about a similar problem after the AOS update. They found that after the update the outputs were not responding, but if they go into the output settings and click the update arrow at the top of the screen (without making any changes to the programming) the output started working again. It might be worth a try.

Timmau

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened to me as well on 4 outlets. I didn't think to just hit the update button, but I did clear it by changing the settings and updating each outlet.

OP
OP
V

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. So far, no updating works. Tried changing code also. It sends and say successful. I'm thinking it's fairly serious because temp and pH are frozen, and my LSM and WMX aren't working.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back