Reccomended Timer Outlet Switch

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I’m getting new lights to supplement my existing set up and there’s no way for them to fit on my Apex EB832. Is there any reccomended brand outlet strips that have built in timers or should I just use wifi outlets in a standard strip and call it a day?

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most reef lights nowadays come with an app to control them or a controller box. I wouldn't think you'd need a separate Wi-Fi controller. What brand are you getting? I think most Wi-Fi plugin outlets are pretty much all the same. The ones I looked at for my freshwater tanks all have apps to control them.

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the Waze or Kasa bars. They sell wifi plugs that connect via Bluetooth. I have my carbon, refugium light, and skimmer on wifi plugs and I just set the schedule in the Waze or Kasa app. There are likely cheaper alternatives like listed above, but I have a heavily lit planted 240g in my basement using a Kasa smart strip, so I wanted something from the same ecosystem.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh, ya this one might not come with wifi or BT. I started looking at power bars and individual plugs for my freshwater tanks. I think the same brands that @Wasabiroot mentioned. Wyze and Kasa. I'm still evaluating both. I need something that's pure wifi. Anything using Bluetooth sucks my phone dry. There's another one I'm looking at called Geeni but I'm in Canada so I don't know if it's south of the border like the other two. I started looking at companies that have a suite of products that can be controlled under one app like security cameras, plugs, etc and this company has that range. It saves me from having a hundred apps on my phone controlling different things! Haha.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use kasa strip and love it. Also have a bunch of individual kasa wifi plugs around the house for various things. Nice to have it all in the same app rather than mixing brands and having lots of apps to manage them

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back