0   0   0
Parameters:
Kh: 8.6
Calcium: 460
Magnesium: 1470
No3: 15ppm
Lights: diy
Temperature: 26 degree Celsius
Since past two days i am seeing that the outer tissue on my hammer coral is receding slowly but it is opening properly and showing very good polyp extension as you can see in the pic...but the tissue is still receding and has almost reached the edge of the skeleton. I am pretty worried what can be the reason...I don't want my hammer to die it's very pretty and I like it very much pls help!

IMG_20221013_030022.jpg
IMG_20221010_161056.jpg
IMG-20221012-WA0034.jpg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 things that jump out at me are: diy lighting, IDK what that means, do you know the par level? The second thing is that the tank looks very new, corals can struggle in newer tanks sometimes.

OP
OP
aditya.dhaojekar

aditya.dhaojekar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 things that jump out at me are: diy lighting, IDK what that means, do you know the par level? The second thing is that the tank looks very new, corals can struggle in newer tanks sometimes.
I have made the light myself and I don't know the PAR levels but the hammer was doing fine since to months and the tank is nearly 6+ months old...Also even with the receding tissue colours and PE is great so I am not able to figure out the real problem!

lucyretz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a PO4 kit but all other corals including sps and lps are fine
That doesn't tell me anything, an already stressed coral is going to decline quicker to a value being off than an established happy coral. If your phosphate is elevated or even bottomed out it could easily be why this coral is deteriorating.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back