Receiving live shipments when not at home .

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pruett-nc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pruett-nc

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 22, 2016
Messages
672
Reaction score
656
Location
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you get your live coral or fish shipments if you have to work . In some cases like me I work 7 days a week. To take a day off and miss the overtime is not a good option .
 
How do you get your live coral or fish shipments if you have to work . In some cases like me I work 7 days a week. To take a day off and miss the overtime is not a good option .
I have things shipped to my place of work.
 
wait until the follwing week..lol
 
Lol I can't do that . I work on high voltage underground power lines . Thinking maybe fedex ship on site store / hold facility .
 
Good to know. I'm burning through my PTO taking half days to sign.
 
Get it hold at closest fedex or ups facility and pick it up from there at your convenience.
 
Have it delivered to a friend or family? You can pick it up there at the hub as well, i believe, but they close at 5 or 6.
 
Yeah I have had things delivered to like fedex stores but never live corals/fish . Good to know and hope this helps others as I see @Willz has been taking time off to receive packages .
 
Yeah I work 7 days a week for a reason lol . So taking time off to sign a piece of paper is not gonna happen . Some people don't mind it but I am far from wealthy lol .
 
We've got a guy at work that burns through his vacation constantly to receive deliveries... Not even live, just inanimate junk.

Yeah, I'm setting up a new tank and have had quite a few signature requirements at the house and it's 45 minutes away from work :( There is a FEDED hub close to my job and getting texts/emails when it is ready would be much better.

The aquarium itself is coming freight to my house. Wish they had shipped to a hub on that as well....
 
You can also request to have them deliver it to your local FedEx store after it has been shipped. I had some zoas being shipped to my work address but the vendor never got my message with the change of address and shipped them to my home, I called FedEx but they couldn't change the original delivery address once it's shipped but could deliver it to a FedEx store for pick up instead.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new