Recommendation for 265 Gallon -LEDs

baondayko

View Badges
Reaction score
Was looking at the Photon V2+ series. Tank dimensions 85"Lx24"Wx30"H. I don't necessarily need the ends of the tank to be as significantly bright as the middle, but I was looking for best bang for the buck recommendations.

Thanks!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Was looking at the Photon V2+ series. Tank dimensions 85"Lx24"Wx30"H. I don't necessarily need the ends of the tank to be as significantly bright as the middle, but I was looking for best bang for the buck recommendations.

Thanks!
Hi,

Two of our Photon 32-V2+ with the photon link rails will be a great fit for your tank with complete coverage. You can make a fixture with a 72” total length with the linking rails.

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
If you mount them high in a hood (like 18" off the water) you'll avoid shadowing. I also like a pair of t5 retrofit in front and behind, you'd want two 36 and two 48 to get a full spread. Should give you about 400-500 par at 6" and easily 100 on the sand without being super white.

OP
B

baondayko

View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you. That sounds like what I will do. Getting close to 4th of July, so I will wait to see if there are any discounts. Definitely planning to order.

Hi,

Two of our Photon 32-V2+ with the photon link rails will be a great fit for your tank with complete coverage. You can make a fixture with a 72” total length with the linking rails.

OP
B

baondayko

View Badges
Reaction score
If you mount them high in a hood (like 18" off the water) you'll avoid shadowing. I also like a pair of t5 retrofit in front and behind, you'd want two 36 and two 48 to get a full spread. Should give you about 400-500 par at 6" and easily 100 on the sand without being super white.
Thanks! I may try using just two at first and then can add as necessary. Already have two t5’s that I use for dusk/dawn.

Will you watch revhtree on the LIVE #askBRStv show?

• Yes I'll tune in live at 1:30pm est!

Votes: 112 32.7%
  • No I'll have to catch the rerun!

Votes: 189 55.1%
  • Neither, I choose to make revhtree sad...

Votes: 42 12.2%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Omega Sea, LLC
CWT Aquatics - Acrylic Sumps, Tanks, and More!