Recommendation for 265 Gallon -LEDs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

baondayko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was looking at the Photon V2+ series. Tank dimensions 85"Lx24"Wx30"H. I don't necessarily need the ends of the tank to be as significantly bright as the middle, but I was looking for best bang for the buck recommendations.

Thanks!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was looking at the Photon V2+ series. Tank dimensions 85"Lx24"Wx30"H. I don't necessarily need the ends of the tank to be as significantly bright as the middle, but I was looking for best bang for the buck recommendations.

Thanks!

Hi,

Two of our Photon 32-V2+ with the photon link rails will be a great fit for your tank with complete coverage. You can make a fixture with a 72” total length with the linking rails.

lolmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you mount them high in a hood (like 18" off the water) you'll avoid shadowing. I also like a pair of t5 retrofit in front and behind, you'd want two 36 and two 48 to get a full spread. Should give you about 400-500 par at 6" and easily 100 on the sand without being super white.

OP
OP
B

baondayko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. That sounds like what I will do. Getting close to 4th of July, so I will wait to see if there are any discounts. Definitely planning to order.

Hi,

Two of our Photon 32-V2+ with the photon link rails will be a great fit for your tank with complete coverage. You can make a fixture with a 72” total length with the linking rails.

OP
OP
B

baondayko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you mount them high in a hood (like 18" off the water) you'll avoid shadowing. I also like a pair of t5 retrofit in front and behind, you'd want two 36 and two 48 to get a full spread. Should give you about 400-500 par at 6" and easily 100 on the sand without being super white.

Thanks! I may try using just two at first and then can add as necessary. Already have two t5’s that I use for dusk/dawn.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back