Recommendation for 265 Gallon -LEDs

  • Thread starter Thread starter baondayko
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

baondayko

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was looking at the Photon V2+ series. Tank dimensions 85"Lx24"Wx30"H. I don't necessarily need the ends of the tank to be as significantly bright as the middle, but I was looking for best bang for the buck recommendations.

Thanks!
 
Was looking at the Photon V2+ series. Tank dimensions 85"Lx24"Wx30"H. I don't necessarily need the ends of the tank to be as significantly bright as the middle, but I was looking for best bang for the buck recommendations.

Thanks!

Hi,

Two of our Photon 32-V2+ with the photon link rails will be a great fit for your tank with complete coverage. You can make a fixture with a 72” total length with the linking rails.
 
If you mount them high in a hood (like 18" off the water) you'll avoid shadowing. I also like a pair of t5 retrofit in front and behind, you'd want two 36 and two 48 to get a full spread. Should give you about 400-500 par at 6" and easily 100 on the sand without being super white.
 
Thank you. That sounds like what I will do. Getting close to 4th of July, so I will wait to see if there are any discounts. Definitely planning to order.

Hi,

Two of our Photon 32-V2+ with the photon link rails will be a great fit for your tank with complete coverage. You can make a fixture with a 72” total length with the linking rails.
 
If you mount them high in a hood (like 18" off the water) you'll avoid shadowing. I also like a pair of t5 retrofit in front and behind, you'd want two 36 and two 48 to get a full spread. Should give you about 400-500 par at 6" and easily 100 on the sand without being super white.

Thanks! I may try using just two at first and then can add as necessary. Already have two t5’s that I use for dusk/dawn.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new