Recommendation needed

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is a 150G 2 years old heavy stacked with corals, and iv been using afr powder for the whole 2 years. But now i reached a point where im over 135ml a day. I do automatic water changes daily. 1% and afr but i cant keep up. Need a recommendation for 4 part and traces please let me know

IMG_1025.jpeg
 
What is your tank lacking? Alk,calcium, magnesium? I dose close to 200 mls of AFR a day but I also run kalk in the ATO. Every once in a great while I will have to add some calcium to bump it back up but not very often.
 
What is your tank lacking? Alk,calcium, magnesium? I dose close to 200 mls of AFR a day but I also run kalk in the ATO. Every once in a great while I will have to add some calcium to bump it back up but not very often.
Everything dropping mag, alk, calc.
 
I've found its easier to add them separately. For alk and calcium just add more AFR. I doubt you will find a cheaper solution than the AFR powder. My tank is 150 gallons and full of sps. I use the BRS mag two part and Tropic Marin calcium to boost when needed. With the kalk in ato I can keep alk at 8-9 and 450-470 calcium. My mag is normaly around 1380. Other than kalk I dose everything at once in the morning.
 
I've found its easier to add them separately. For alk and calcium just add more AFR. I doubt you will find a cheaper solution than the AFR powder. My tank is 150 gallons and full of sps. I use the BRS mag two part and Tropic Marin calcium to boost when needed. With the kalk in ato I can keep alk at 8-9 and 450-470 calcium. My mag is normaly around 1380. Other than kalk I dose everything at once in the morning.
So the key is just keep dosing afr) im at 120ml. Sick of mixing every week man. My dosing container is small too. And i have no where of adding a bigger one idk
 
I invite you to consider a calcium reactor
 
So the key is just keep dosing afr) im at 120ml. Sick of mixing every week man. My dosing container is small too. And i have no where of adding a bigger one idk
Can you mix up a gallon at a time? That would make it a little easier.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new