Recommendations for on-line Fish retailers.

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also use
Saltwaterfish.com
Bluezooaquatics.com
Reefs4Less.com

All 4 have comparable quality and service IME. The last on the list is my most recent find, they have amazing deals if you watch their inventory for a while.

Cherie cook

Cherbear
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just getting back into the hobby after 12 years away. Seems like LiveAquaria is pretty good. Just looking for some other recommendations?
Liveaquaria always does well by me. If something looks even a little bit off on arrival I call or email them to let them know. I’ve even had them refund me for stuff that was outside the 14 day guarantee...corals and fish.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Live aquaria- Free ship after $79 and 2 week warranty- hard to beat. Saltwater fish.com - Free ship after $99 and free fish with order.
Shipping can make a cheap fish become expensive after cost, so i look to best quality with lowest or free ship and NO HIDDEN charges such as packing, etc.
Great selection at Fishy Business but after ship and add-ons, reduces their competitiveness.

Last edited:

ScottieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late to the party but Marine Collectors, they have quarantined and had selected inventory. Very well respected in the industry.

Pacific East Aquaculture, a sponsor here with good reviews and great livestock although somewhat limited to tank raised (prob a good thing)

And yes, Live Aquaria, selection, price and warranty is still hard to beat.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any specific fish you are looking for?
I've had success with Coral Reef Tn and ORA through Live Aquaria.

Nem0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live aquaria- Free ship after $79 and 2 week warranty- hard to beat. Saltwater fish.com - Free ship after $99 and free fish with order.
Shipping can make a cheap fish become expensive after cost, so i look to best quality with lowest or free ship and NO HIDDEN charges such as packing, etc.
Great selection at Fishy Business but after ship and add-ons, reduces their competitiveness.

is there a coupon code necessary for the $79 free shipping for LA? it seems like it says $149 + for free shipping online?

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LA must've just upped their free shipping minimum. it was $100 last week when i was going to do an order. now seems to be $14.99 shipping at $100 and free shipping at $150. stupid petco

giphy.gif

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recommend NOT using Blue Zoo. The owner can be a real jerk if you're not happy with your order.
Cant understand this - I've ordered many times from BZA and theyve always refunded DOAs without any problem.

No matter because reefs4less is so much cheaper, its hard to imagine buying fish from anyone else at this point.

evad127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also use
Saltwaterfish.com
Bluezooaquatics.com
Reefs4Less.com

All 4 have comparable quality and service IME. The last on the list is my most recent find, they have amazing deals if you watch their inventory for a while.
Reefs4Less. Stay away from these crooks. Their fish all died within the 5 day period given. I called and left voice messages day after day for 3 days. Got busy at work and did not get back to them for a week. I emailed them with receipt and photos of the dead fish. Was told they were sorry but I was past my 5 days. I said well if they returned phone calls I wouldn't be. Mary told me they always return calls. Thanks again Reefs4suck Good luck out there

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 44 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.3%
Back