Recommended CUC for a JBJ 45 AIO

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just looking for some input on what kind of CUC I should be thinking about putting in my 2.5 yr old JBJ 45. I'm having some algae issues and don't have any kind of CUC currently. I recently contacted reefcleaners.org because I have heard good things about them. I like the fact that you have to tell them all about your tank so they can give you a recommendation. Below is what they emailed me back.

I'm just concerned that I would be adding too large of a CUC to my tank at one time. They are recommending a total of 70 between snails and hermits. Is this too much for a 45 gal AIO? Price seems fair, but I don't want to shock my system from adding a CUC all at one time. Also, with adding that many critters to my tank, would I need to feed more to the tank to support all the new life?

What do you think?

8679976D-6D33-46B8-A15A-24702C544E40.png

Reeferstin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just looking for some input on what kind of CUC I should be thinking about putting in my 2.5 yr old JBJ 45. I'm having some algae issues and don't have any kind of CUC currently. I recently contacted reefcleaners.org because I have heard good things about them. I like the fact that you have to tell them all about your tank so they can give you a recommendation. Below is what they emailed me back.

I'm just concerned that I would be adding too large of a CUC to my tank at one time. They are recommending a total of 70 between snails and hermits. Is this too much for a 45 gal AIO? Price seems fair, but I don't want to shock my system from adding a CUC all at one time. Also, with adding that many critters to my tank, would I need to feed more to the tank to support all the new life?

What do you think?

8679976D-6D33-46B8-A15A-24702C544E40.png
For a 72 i have 15 red scarlets 10 blue leg hermits 10 red leg hermits< my wrasse has taken these numbers down, 5 mexican turbo snails 10 troches snails and a lawn mover blenny

OP
OP
saullman

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a 72 i have 15 red scarlets 10 blue leg hermits 10 red leg hermits< my wrasse has taken these numbers down, 5 mexican turbo snails 10 troches snails and a lawn mover blenny
So you have about a total of 50 inverts in a 72 gal. They are trying to sell me 70 inverts for a 45 gal. Seems like over kill to me.

Reeferstin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you have about a total of 50 inverts in a 72 gal. They are trying to sell me 70 inverts for a 45 gal. Seems like over kill to me.
If your tank is not dirty (full of green hair algae) then they could very easily die from starvation i have a very clean tank due to the lawn mower blenny so not to many snails

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back