Recommended CUC for a JBJ 45 AIO

  • Thread starter Thread starter saullman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

saullman

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2018
Messages
557
Reaction score
227
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just looking for some input on what kind of CUC I should be thinking about putting in my 2.5 yr old JBJ 45. I'm having some algae issues and don't have any kind of CUC currently. I recently contacted reefcleaners.org because I have heard good things about them. I like the fact that you have to tell them all about your tank so they can give you a recommendation. Below is what they emailed me back.

I'm just concerned that I would be adding too large of a CUC to my tank at one time. They are recommending a total of 70 between snails and hermits. Is this too much for a 45 gal AIO? Price seems fair, but I don't want to shock my system from adding a CUC all at one time. Also, with adding that many critters to my tank, would I need to feed more to the tank to support all the new life?

What do you think?

8679976D-6D33-46B8-A15A-24702C544E40.png
 
I'm just looking for some input on what kind of CUC I should be thinking about putting in my 2.5 yr old JBJ 45. I'm having some algae issues and don't have any kind of CUC currently. I recently contacted reefcleaners.org because I have heard good things about them. I like the fact that you have to tell them all about your tank so they can give you a recommendation. Below is what they emailed me back.

I'm just concerned that I would be adding too large of a CUC to my tank at one time. They are recommending a total of 70 between snails and hermits. Is this too much for a 45 gal AIO? Price seems fair, but I don't want to shock my system from adding a CUC all at one time. Also, with adding that many critters to my tank, would I need to feed more to the tank to support all the new life?

What do you think?

8679976D-6D33-46B8-A15A-24702C544E40.png
For a 72 i have 15 red scarlets 10 blue leg hermits 10 red leg hermits< my wrasse has taken these numbers down, 5 mexican turbo snails 10 troches snails and a lawn mover blenny
 
For a 72 i have 15 red scarlets 10 blue leg hermits 10 red leg hermits< my wrasse has taken these numbers down, 5 mexican turbo snails 10 troches snails and a lawn mover blenny
So you have about a total of 50 inverts in a 72 gal. They are trying to sell me 70 inverts for a 45 gal. Seems like over kill to me.
 
So you have about a total of 50 inverts in a 72 gal. They are trying to sell me 70 inverts for a 45 gal. Seems like over kill to me.
If your tank is not dirty (full of green hair algae) then they could very easily die from starvation i have a very clean tank due to the lawn mower blenny so not to many snails
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new