Recommended food for clownfish

SaltTank

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2021
Messages
49
Reaction score
9
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I just got a pair of juvi Mocha Storm clowns. What food(s) do you recommend that I start feeding them and how frequently. I'd like to at some point try to breed them. I'm reading that variety of food is important also.

Thanks
 
I use 5 different frozen products between Hikari and "Rods" brand. Only feed pellets once a week or so when lazy. Mysis, spirulina brine shrimp, rods fish only, rods tentacle teasers, blood worms. With just 2 fish 1/4 cube a day is plenty
 
Hi,

I just got a pair of juvi Mocha Storm clowns. What food(s) do you recommend that I start feeding them and how frequently. I'd like to at some point try to breed them. I'm reading that variety of food is important also.

Thanks
You should feed them a high quality pellet for 4-5 days,, and feed brine shrimp 2-3 times a week.
 
I feed my clown more frozen food than anything, but they seem to like TDO Chroma Boost pellets, along with PE pellets.

My clowns also seem to really love Rod's frozen eggs.
 
Last edited:
TDO chromoboost

If you want to feed pellets. Best pellet on the market, and what most breeders feed.

I would also throw in some PE mysis, and LRS reef frenzy.

I personally feed pellets twice a day(automatic fish feeder with a feeding ring), and frozen once day for three feeding a day.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new