Reconnecting with my hobbyists roots!

AJtheAquarist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all my name is Adam but I go by AJ. I am currently on the husbandry team for one of the worlds largest importers and exporters of tropical fish for the trade, though that's only the most recent stage in my career.My area of specialty is fish nutrition, which I learned mostly from interning at the Aquarium of the pacific for a few years when I did food prep for some of their largest installments as well as fish in QT. I also have experience breeding, including elasmobranchii but as I've delved more into the scientific and commercial side of the industry I've started to get a little jaded. The cure for which to me is getting back to my hobbyists roots and setting up a few home displays. Including a reef and an Amano style planted aquarium. I am here mostly to get inspiration form your set ups as an influence to my planned systems and hopefully be able to help out where I can if welcome.

In the meantime please enjoy this obligatory crappy iPhone photo of a Paracentropyge boylei that I was able to assist in the husbandry and nutrition of, definitely a bucket list item,

Thanks in advance for the welcome!

-AJ

60345446_10219261219900306_7081174458509033472_n.jpg

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! :)

Personally I just can't see 30k for a fish especially when you can get an interruptus for 29k less lol. At any rate there probably aren't to many people who get an opportunity to work with or even see a peppermint Angel in person! That's cool!

o00brandon00o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all my name is Adam but I go by AJ. I am currently on the husbandry team for one of the worlds largest importers and exporters of tropical fish for the trade, though that's only the most recent stage in my career.My area of specialty is fish nutrition, which I learned mostly from interning at the Aquarium of the pacific for a few years when I did food prep for some of their largest installments as well as fish in QT. I also have experience breeding, including elasmobranchii but as I've delved more into the scientific and commercial side of the industry I've started to get a little jaded. The cure for which to me is getting back to my hobbyists roots and setting up a few home displays. Including a reef and an Amano style planted aquarium. I am here mostly to get inspiration form your set ups as an influence to my planned systems and hopefully be able to help out where I can if welcome.

In the meantime please enjoy this obligatory crappy iPhone photo of a Paracentropyge boylei that I was able to assist in the husbandry and nutrition of, definitely a bucket list item,

Thanks in advance for the welcome!

-AJ

60345446_10219261219900306_7081174458509033472_n.jpg

@AJtheAquarist Welcome to R2R!!!

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! I'm very personally interested in QT and husbandry techniques, if you care to share any of your professional experience. Can't wait to see your tanks!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back