Red bacteria on clownfish!? Micro pics.

SaltwaterGuruNeeded

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2021
Messages
630
Reaction score
259
Location
Tom's River
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a gentle skin scrape off one of my clownfish and found red bacteria moving very slowly. Should I be concerned? And could the picture be a fluke of some sort?
Btw they are taken at 800x
And I've been using prazipro for about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks now.
IMG_20210823_001332558~2.jpg
 
Sorry, I couldn’t get the video to play. The still image doesn’t look like any bacteria I’ve ever seen. Perhaps a really small protozoan?
Also, at high power, be aware of Brownian motion, where items vibrate and tumble based on forces acting on them, not from the organism itself.
Jay
 
Sorry, I couldn’t get the video to play. The still image doesn’t look like any bacteria I’ve ever seen. Perhaps a really small protozoan?
Also, at high power, be aware of Brownian motion, where items vibrate and tumble based on forces acting on them, not from the organism itself.
Jay

VID_20210823_000904214_exported_57.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new